REFORMATION TO THE SOUTH OF US
- Protestants on economics. // America;8/28/1948, Vol. 79 Issue 21, p532
The article discusses the attitudes of Protestants toward the economy. According to economic historian R. H. Tawney, Catholics and Protestants may have differences in terms of religion yet both share the same moral aspects of economics. It mentions that many Protestants tend to consider material...
- New England Evangelicals Innovate and Grow. MacDonald, Jeffrey // Christianity Today;05/21/2001, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p20
Deals with the expansion and reorganizations of the Evangelical Association of New England. Purpose of the reorganizations; Information on the spiritual renewal of evangelical churches in New England; Brief historical background on the condition of the Evangelical Church in New England.
- Protestants on the rise in Catholic Bolivia. // Christian Century;10/18/95, Vol. 112 Issue 29, p955
Reports on the increase in the number of evangelical Christians in Bolivia. Comments from Zacarias Salas, president of the United Protestant Churches of La Paz; Challenge to the mission to the nation.
- Religious dimension of civilisations value portraits. Bardasaryan, Vardan E. // International Proceedings of Economics Development & Research;2011, Vol. 20, p104
The role of religious factor in the development of world civilizations is considered in the paper. The author analyses it in three main respects: religion and adaptation to natural conditions, religion and economics, religion and political culture. The conclusion is made that till now despite...
- Judaism and Corporations. Bush, Lawrence; Dekro, Jeffrey // Tikkun;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on the aspects of contemporary corporate economy and culture that violate fundamental Jewish principles. Compensation of executives; Legal and moral separation between corporations and their managers and owners; Exploitation of workers and the environment.
- On the Dangers of Moral Decay. Chiang, Oscar // Chinese American Forum;Jan1992, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p15
The article discusses the possible danger of a person's or people's moral decay. In relation to the special events or holiday atmosphere in the United States, reactions of people in various cities and towns against the church-building and some of the religious leaders immorality is presented. It...
- Religions and Philanthropies in Chinese Societies. Weller, Robert P. // Society;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p42
Information about the paper of Robert P. Weller, professor of anthropology at Boston University, on the aid of the popular religious practice in China to its economic successes discussed at a conference held on May 4-5, 2006 under the auspices of the Institute on Culture, Religion, and World...
- The African-American Holiness Movement. Giggie, John M. // Society;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p50
Information about the paper of John M. Giggie, assistant professor of history at University of Texas in San Antonio, on African-American Holiness movement's relationship to the consumer market discussed at a conference held on May 4-5, 2006 under the auspices of the Institute on Culture,...
- A VIEW FROM INSIDE THE FISHBOWL: A CULTURAL DESCRIPTION OF EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH YOUTH MINISTRY. Widstrom, Bradley J. // Journal of Youth Ministry;Spring2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p7
The article presents a study which investigates the cultural aspect of Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA) youth ministry in the U.S. The said study was done through ethnographic interviewing and subsequent domain analysis. The goal of the study was to provide EFCA youth ministers with an...