WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Kerry vs. Weld Weld vs. Kerry. Medlar, David; Lewis, Jake // 21st Century;Oct96, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p6
The article offers information on The Youth Forum, sponsored by Community Newspaper Co. and MTV, on September 22, 1996 at the World Trade Center in Boston, Massachusetts. During the event, U.S. Senate candidates Massachusetts Governor Bill Weld and Senator John Kerry met in front of an audience...
- Tom. Engle, Trial Lawyer. // New York;8/11/2008, p44
An interview with lawyer Tom Engel is presented. When told he looks like a gangster, he responds that people tell him he looks like fictional detective Dick Tracy. Other topics of the interview include the Harvard University's Fly Club and its policies on women members, and Engel's friendship...
- Weld breaks promise to Conservatives. // Human Events;9/2/94, Vol. 50 Issue 34, p6
Reports on Republican Massachusetts Governor William Weld's promotion of religious intolerance. 1993 PURPOSE Conference; Weld's support for the cancellation of a 1994 St. Patrick's Day parade.
- Federal prosecutor. // Newsweek;3/25/1985, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p59
William Weld, 39, federal prosecutor. He now presides over one of the hottest prosecutor's offices in the federal system. The Boston office is best known for its political-corruption cases: it has indicted 48 individuals and convicted 46. Weld's most lasting accomplishment may be the reform...
- Will Weld become the next U.S ambassador to Mexico? // Business Mexico;Aug1997, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p46
Presents information on the stalling of the appointment of William Weld as U.S ambassador to Mexico. Criticism of Weld; Comments from Senator John Kerry (D-MA), a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
- Position filled? // Business Mexico;Feb1998, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p4
Looks at attempts by former governor of Massachusetts, William Weld to become the ambassador to Mexico. Information on Jeffrey Davidow, who is being considered for the post.
- People. // U.S. News & World Report;12/11/95, Vol. 119 Issue 23, p30
Focuses on William Weld, governor of Massachusetts. His accomplishments and announcement that he will try to unseat Senator John Kerry, a popular Democrat.
- The Brahmin challenger. Starr, M. // Newsweek;3/26/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 13, p20
Profiles Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate William Weld, a former US attorney for Massachusetts, and describes his battle in the race against Steven Pierce. Problems with his campaign.
- By trying hard to join Clinton team Weld sets new hypocrisy standard. Coulter, Ann // Human Events;08/22/97, Vol. 53 Issue 32, p6
Criticizes former Massachusetts Governor William Weld's bid to become the United States ambassador to Mexico. Weld's insensitivity to the apparent campaign finance improprieties in the administration of President Bill Clinton; Weld's previous dissociation of himself from former attorney general...