THE PROBLEM WITH "VALUES"
- To Soothe a Savage Breast: The Art of Healing in Espriu's Mrs. Death. Walters, D. Gareth // Bulletin of Hispanic Studies (1475-3839);Jul2005, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p357
The contrast in mood between the opening and the close of Salvador Espriu's Mrs. Death is precisely emphatic: it begins in chaos, violence and cacophony and ends in order, peace and harmony. The work was dedicated to his brother, a doctor who `fought against the Lady', that is against Death;...
- W.A.A.T. the F***?!: Expectations and Reality of an Anti-Violence Project. O'Brien, Simone // Bulletin of Good Practice in Popular Education;2000, Issue 5, p47
Discusses the Western Area Adolescent Team anti-violence project. Scope of the program; Components of the project; Outcome of the initiative.
- Probing the Brain. // Scholastic Choices;Oct2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p11
Discusses relationships between violent behavior and the brain, and the belief that violent behavior can be the result of brain abnormalities.
- AIDAS BAREIKIS. // Grand Street;Spring2003, Issue 71, p56
Presents information about an exhibition 'Aidas Bareikis' based on violent events.
- Aggressive Attitudes Among Victims of Violence at School. Brockenbrough, Karen K.; Cornell, Dewey G.; Loper, Ann B. // Education & Treatment of Children (ETC);Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p273
Some victims of violence at school hold aggressive attitudes which may place them at risk for involvement in high-risk behaviors. Based on a survey of 10,909 7[sup th], 9[sup th], and 11[sup th] grade students, this study compared four groups of students: victims with aggressive attitudes...
- Violent Music Lyrics Increase Aggressive Thoughts and Feelings. // Media Report to Women;Summer2003, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p1
Reports that songs with violent lyrics increase aggression-related thoughts and emotions, according to a study published by the American Psychological Association. Contradictions against popular notions of positive catharsis or venting effects of listening to angry, violent music on violent...
- Guidance on how to manage violence and aggression. // Mental Health Practice;Dec2014, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
The article reports that the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence in Great Britain has issued a draft guidance on the management of violence and aggression, involving short-term management of violence and physically threatening behaviour in psychiatric and emergency care settings.
- THE GOOD FIGHT. Abney, Stephanie White // Parenting School Years;Feb2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p26
The article presents two opposing opinions from readers on how they feel about what experts say that "make believe" violence does not encourage real aggression.
- Violence and Revenge in Egalitarian Societies. Younger, Stephen // Journal of Artificial Societies & Social Simulation;Oct2005, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p16
Discrete agent simulation was used to investigate the role of violence and revenge in model egalitarian societies. A population of 100 agents inhabited a landscape of 20x20 squares containing five sources of food. Agents moved about the landscape in search of food, shared, stole, mated, produced...