A Protestant Shtetl
- Adventists require top faculty, trustees to be church members. // Christian Century;10/31/2006, Vol. 123 Issue 22, p15
The article reports on the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its decision that requires all faculty and board members at its educational institutions to be members of the denomination. Some are protesting the decision, saying that many education positions, especially in their medical schools,...
- THE ADVENTIST SCHOOLS: DEVELOPMENT AND CHALLENGES. Furst, Lyndon G. // Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry & Practice;Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p515
The Seventh-day Adventist denomination operates schools and colleges around the globe. Beginning in 1853 with a small home school, the church's system includes over 4,500 elementary and 1,100 secondary schools, as well as 95 colleges and universities. This article briefly presents the...
- SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISM IN THE US: COMMITTED TO HIGHER EDUCATION. Matthews, John // Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry & Practice;Jun2003, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p457
In this article, attention is given to the historical context in which the relationship between the â€˜religiousâ€™ and â€˜educationalâ€™ arms of the Seventh-day Adventist church was forged: the commitment of Adventism to higher learning in the US is explored: strategies for...
- No shaved heads at this school. Bragg, Mary // Navajo Times;8/25/2011, Vol. 50 Issue 34, pA7
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A response to poverty pimps response," by Robert Redsteer in the August 18, 2011 issue.
- Experiences in Adventist Colleges/Universities: An International Alumni Perspective. Kijai, Jimmy; Sauder, Vinita; Weaver, Robert // Catalyst;Dec2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p25
This study examines the college experiences of a sample of graduates of Adventist colleges and universities outside North America. Data were collected using an online questionnaire using Survey Monkey. Responses from 171 alumni suggested that they attended Adventist higher learning institutions...
- Comparative Analysis of Students' Information Seeking Behaviour in Adventist Universities: A Survey of Babcock and Solusi Universities. Onuoha, Uloma Doris; Awoniyi, Adedamola Adesola // Library Philosophy & Practice;Aug2011, p100
The article presents a study which examines the use of academic libraries by students at Babcock and Solusi Universities, both of which are Nigerian universities run by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The study seeks to obtain information on the purpose and methods used for students seeking...
- AMSSA moving. // Chinatown News;12/18/93, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p27
No abstract available.
- Introduction. Ellis, Jacqueline; Giunta, Edvige // Transformations: The Journal of Inclusive Scholarship & Pedagogy;Spring2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p11
Introduces a series of articles about multiculturalism.
- Appendix C: Canadian Cultural Research Network/ RÃ©seau canadien de recherche culturelle (CCRN/RCRC). Cardinal, Donna // Canadian Journal of Communication;2002, Vol. 27 Issue 2/3, p385
An appendix is presented of the three areas that will constitute the Canadian Cultural Research Network (CCRN's) primary focus in 2001 which include advancing multidisciplinary approaches to cultural policy studies.