A Rabbi's Christmas
- In-sanity Claus. DEAS, GERALD W. // New York Amsterdam News;12/29/2016, Vol. 107 Issue 53, p29
The article offers the author's view regarding the sanity gain by people after buying things during Christmas season.
- THIS HO-HO-HO BUSINESS. Levy, Alan // Saturday Evening Post;12/12/1964, Vol. 237 Issue 44, p20
Looks into the business of making children happy during the Christmas season in the U.S. Importance of not promising anything; Number of graduates at the Santa Claus School; Discussion of the incentive program of Charles Howard to lure potential students into the program.
- Where did the "12 days of Christmas" come from? Cones, Bryan // U.S. Catholic;Dec2005, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p45
Focuses on the origin of the twelve days of Christmas. Feasts days celebrated during the twelve days of Christmas.
- Christmas 2003. // America;12/22/2003, Vol. 189 Issue 21, p3
Presents a reflection on the celebration of the Christmas season in 2003. Message of the nativity of Jesus Christ; Opinion on the relation between the Christmas story and human life.
- 'Twas the FIGHT before Christmasâ€¦. SCANLON, LESLIE // U.S. Catholic;Dec2009, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p12
The author reflects on the disruption of the family during Christmas celebrations. He believes that the holiday is used by family members to get together but it sometimes leads to arguments when relatives disagree on issues. He thinks that the effort to go the party and catch up on what the...
- Lightshine. Moyer, Richard A. // Erie Gay News;Jan2010, p7
The author reflects on the true meaning of Christmas. He asserts that Christmas is about light that shines in the darkness and observes the prevalence of hatred, violence, prejudice, discrimination and injustice even among those who claim to understand the true meaning of Christmas. He cites the...
- The Delight Of Lights. Roberts, Carolanne Griffith // Southern Living;Mid-Oct2007, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p44
The article features the annual Magic Christmas in Lights held in Bellingrath Gardens and Home in Theodore, Alabama. The comfortable temperatures of South Alabama and the holiday flowers, including various types of poinsettias, enable this unusual floral treat. Spinning the magic are the finely...
- Don't let Christmas be modern-day humbug. Cherryholmes, Ed // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/20/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 36, p4
The article calls on Americans not to allow Christmas to become a "modern-day humbug." People tend to spend so much during the holidays and stores make about 20 to 50 percent of their whole year's business in the period from Thanksgiving to Christmas. And in the process the real meaning of...
- THE MONOLOGUE. // Metro (NZ);Jan2005, Issue 283, p112
The article reports on the experiences of a journey in the Christmas Eve. If one is not off the motorway by dawn, he is stuffed. The people over the road went Christmas Eve. The person didn't get to Whangarei, New Zealand, until four in the morning. He needs to get packed early. He got to be on...