WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Establishment of the Institute for Interreligious and Intercultural Research and Dialogue. Papademetriou, George C. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Summer/Fall2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3/4, p399
Reports on the establishment of the Institute for Interreligious and Intercultural Research and Dialogue in Geneva, Switzerland in May 1999. Main objectives of the institute; Significance of the institute's establishment; Initial board of directors of the organization.
- Progress and Expectations. // America;10/16/99, Vol. 181 Issue 11, p3
Editorial. Reflects on the relationship between the Jews and the Christians. Comments on Cardinal John O'Connor's letter to his Jewish friends; Status of Jewish-Christian relations in the United States; Opinion on the visit by Ehud Barak, prime minister of Israel to Berlin, Germany;...
- An Open Letter: A Call to Peace, Dialogue and Understanding Between Muslims and Jews. Rahman Ar Rahim, Bismillah Ar // European Judaism;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p148
The article presents an open letter from the Muslim scholars of The Centre for the Study of Muslim-Jewish Relations. The intent and aim of the letter are provided along with the current state of relations between Jews and Muslims. The commonalities and differences between Judaism and Islam are...
- Spotlight on Preserving Traditions, Creating Identities. VISUVALINGAM, SUNTHAR // News India Times;11/30/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 48, p11
The article presents information on an annual conference hosted by the organization Dharma Association of North America (DANAM) on November 16, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois to focus on the implications of the Wisconsin gurdwara attacks. It informs that the DANAM is boosting interfaith exchanges...
- PERSONAL. // America;9/21/1912, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p575
The article reports on the prayer meeting of the Guardians of Liberty. On September 10, 1921, the Guardians met at the John Street Methodist Episcopan Church and reportedly hurled tirades against the Catholic Church. To counter the argument of the Guardians that foreign Catholic priests are...
- AWARD OF THE HERMANN MAAS MEDAL TO THE STANDING CONFERENCE OF JEWS, CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS IN EUROPE (GENGENBACH, 26 JANUARY 2003). Kuschel, Karl-Josef // European Judaism;Spring2004, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p4
Presents a speech by Karl-Josef Kuschel, a teacher at the Catholic Theological Faculty of the University of TÃ¼bingen in Germany, in response to the Hermann Maas Medal award given to the Standing Conference of Jews, Christians and Muslims in Europe on January 26, 2003. Goals in the...
- "Pilgrimage in Jewish and Christian Traditions" Conference at Scion Hall University. Frizzell, Lawrence E. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Winter2000, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p95
Discusses a conference sponsored by the Institute of Judaeo-Christian Studies at Seton Hall University that addressed various facets of the experience of pilgrimage. Discussions that took place; Where proceedings of the conference will be published.
- Response to 'Open Letter from Muslims to Jews'. Pearl, Judea // European Judaism;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p155
The article refers to an open letter released by the Centre of Studies for Muslim-Jewish Relations which opens the channel of communication between Muslims and Jews. Resistance to this dialogue is explained along with what the letter aims to achieve. The strategy for dealing with contradictory...
- Safe harbor: Workable solutions to lead risk. Gorman, Jeanne M. // National Real Estate Investor;Mar95, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on a new legislative approach aimed at reducing exposure to lead developed by the National Multi Housing Council, National Apartment Association and Institute of Real Management. Lead Exposure Reduction Act; Problem in deteriorated housing.