THE PUBLIC SQUARE
- Should foreigners be required to register with the government? Keeley, John; Eltantawi, Sarah // New York Times Upfront;3/7/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p20
Discusses whether foreigners should be required to register with the U.S. government. History of the registration of aliens; Overview of a study on the immigration status of foreign-born, militant Islamic terrorists; Disadvantages of requiring foreigners from certain countries to register with...
- First Things First. // Saturday Evening Post;4/27/1935, Vol. 207 Issue 43, p22
Focuses on the unemployment problem in the U.S., which is greatly complicated by an immigration problem. Importance of strengthening immigration policies aside from restrictions; Difficulties in tracing crime and disorder committed by aliens and of foreign birth; Implementation of strict...
- Migration, Development, and Social Transformation. Schiller, Nina Glick; Faist, Thomas // Social Analysis;Winter2009, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on migration in terms of the continuation of forms of imperialism and another on the resurgence of an interest in migration.
- EMIGRATION TO THE EUROPEAN STATES AND SECURITY THREATS. Tomescu, Ina Raluca; Purec, Sorin Vasile // International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social ;2015, p77
Emigration represents both an opportunity and a challenge for the EU. International migration is growing in scope, complexity and has a serious impact - both positive and negative - on the EU and the Member States. Migration is a complex process with a multinational character that cannot be...
- The Jewish religion in North America: Canadian and American comparisons. Schoenfeld, Stuart // Canadian Journal of Sociology;Spring78, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p209
The question of similarities and differences between the Jewish community of Canada and that of the United States is examined with respect to religious organizations, attitudes and practices. The paper integrates diverse research reports and data related to the Jewish religion in the two...
- Editorial. Bailey, Edward // Implicit Religion;Nov2003, Vol. 6 Issue 2/3, p69
Focuses on the activities of the journal "Study of Implicit Religion." Migration of the journal; Apology to all readers of the journal for delays; Catholic concerns of the journal.
- PUBLICATIONS BY BARBARA BECKER-CANTARINO. // Chloe: Beihefte zum Daphnis;2013, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p351
A bibliography on various topics by Barbara Becker-Cantarino is presented which includes "Aloys Blumauer and the Literature of Austrian Enlightenment," "Migration and Religion: Christian Transatlantic Missions, Islamic Migration to Germany," and "A Golden Legend: The Rediscovery of Spain in...
- Editor's Note. Pillai, Vijagan K. // Social Development Issues;2012, Vol. 34 Issue 2, pIX
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including ethical issues in melanesia, process of immigration among professionals and religious freedom in North Korea.
- THE PEACE OF BUCHAREST OF 1913: POLITICAL EFFECTS AND DEMOGRAPHIC REALITIES IN SOUTHERN DOBROGEA. Tuşa, Enache // Romanian Review of Eurasian Studies / Revista Romana de Studii E;2013, Vol. 9 Issue 1/2, p43
The present research studies the phenomenon of colonization and migration of populations that occurred in Dobrogea and the political and economic motivations that led to these processes. Term colonization not only send various forms of expansion of imperial powers outside its scope, but also how...