NO VALENTINES FOR JESUS
- Alliance Defense Fund. D'Agostino, Joseph A. // Human Events;10/14/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 38, p16
Provides information on the Alliance Defense Fund. Commitment of the alliance to religious freedom; Opposition to the influence of leftists on the U.S. legislature; Statement issued by President and Legal Counsel Alan Sears; Background of the operation of the alliance; Objectives of the alliance.
- THE RIGHT BOOKS. Williamson Jr., Chilton // National Review;4/10/1987, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p56
Features the book "The Freedom of Religious Expression in Public Universities and High Schools," by John Whitehead. Focus of the book on the constitutional rights of students, faculty, administrators and others.
- Survey Finds U.S. Civil Rights Organizations Struggle To Adjust to Internet Age. Roach, Ronald // Black Issues in Higher Education;8/16/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p33
Deals with the survey on United States civil rights organizations entitled `From Digital Disconnect to Digital Empowerment,' conducted by the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights and the Leadership Conference Education Fund in 2001. Sponsors of the survey; Views on the findings of the report;...
- Another view of the 20th anniversary of the ADA. LeFebvre, Laureen // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/24/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 174, pB7
The article emphasizes the Disabled for Accessible Public Transit (ADAPT), a grass-roots disability rights organization in the U.S. which focuses on the institutionalization of disabled people.
- Restoring religious freedom to the workplace: Title VII, RFRA, and religious accommodation. Rosenzweig, Sidney A. // University of Pennsylvania Law Review;Jun96, Vol. 144 Issue 6, p2513
Discusses the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 (RFRA), the religious accommodation in the workplace and the requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. RFRA's impact on First Amendment litigation in the context of employment discrimination; Effect of RFRA on Title VII...
- Constitutional law . . . establishment of religion. Ashman, Alan // American Bar Association Journal;Apr79, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p621
Reports that the Supreme Court of California has prohibited the display of a lighted, single-barred cross on the city hall of Los Angeles, California. Details of the case; Legal precedents; Policy implications on the justice system.
- Antecedents, Perspectives, and Projections of a Legal Project About Religious Liberty in Peru. Garcia-Montufar, Guillermo; Coco, Elvira Martinez // Brigham Young University Law Review;1999, Vol. 1999 Issue 2, p503
Focuses on the antecedents of religious liberty in Peru. Explanation on the right to freedom; Discussion on the freedoms of conscience and religion as specific manifestation of the right to freedom; Conclusions.
- Persecution abroad. // Christian Century;
Focuses on the International Religious Freedom Act passed in the United States Senate on October 9, 1998. Its provisions; Chief problem with the bill; What the bill offers.
- Fortnight spotlights importance of 'most cherished freedom'. // Our Sunday Visitor;6/23/2013, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p8
The article offers information on the second annual Fortnight for Freedom to be held in the U.S. from June 21 to July 4, 2013, with events examining the threats to religious freedom.