- When Your Loved One Doesn't Love God. Kennedy, Nancy // Marriage Partnership;Spring99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on how to handle the situation when a spouse does not believe in God. Consequence of the marriage of a believer to an unbeliever; Why unbelieving couples are in a privileged position; How to deal with an unbelieving spouse.
- Why We Give to YES! Hoover, Mel // Yes!;Winter2016, Issue 76, p49
The author discusses his and his wife's use of the "YES" journal to enhance their sermons and speaking engagements as Unitarian Universalist ministers as of winter 2016.
- Black enlistment in the war of Armageddon. Smith, R. Drew // Crisis (00111422);1993, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the involvement of African Americans in religious separatism and occultism. Position of religious groups against standard political boundaries; Influences on the participation of Blacks in religious separatism; Views on the American society; Case studies; Sociological aspects of...
- RELIGION AND RESISTANCE: INTRODUCTION. Paert, Irina; Altnurme, Riho // Theological Journal / Usuteaduslik Ajakiri;2013, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including resistance against oppression, the relationship between religion and state, and the emergence of various dissenting or non-conformist groups.
- Dear June. O'Connor, June // Catholic Digest;Apr2008, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p117
The article focuses on a woman who is married to a Baptist man who forbids her from being a Catholic. She mentioned that her spouse controlled her financially and religiously. It is indicated that the woman asks if practicing one's religion can be a good reason for moving out although she does...
- RELIGION AND THE FAMILY CYCLE. Pryor, Edward T.; Norris, Douglas A. // Canadian Studies in Population;1988, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p159
This paper examines the declaration of religion, as measured by the Canadian census, in terms of basic demographic characteristics of the population (age, sex, marital status) and trends between 1971 and 1981. Building on this review, the relationship between declared religion and the family...
- Our Primary Desire. // Men of Integrity;May/Jun2015, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p9
The author contends that a marriage with a shared love of Christ grows deeper over time and he loves his wife as Christ loves the church.
- Do you love him? Gorman, Megan Othersen // Prevention;Mar98, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p94
Discusses a `Prevention' magazine/NBC Weekend Today poll about how men and women really think about love and what keeps couples happy and loving over the long haul. Comments from Dr. Julie Gottman, clinical psychologist; Gottman's insight into couples problems.
- Association of violence against women with religion and culture in Erbil Iraq: a cross-sectional study. Ghanim Al-Tawil, Namir // BMC Public Health;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p800
Background: Violence against women by intimate partners is still a public health problem. The study aims at finding out the prevalence of violence among women residing in Erbil city (Muslim culture) and in Ankawa sub-district (Christian culture), finding out the role of religion and culture on...