Looking at Islam After Kipling and Hesse
- Back to Basics. // Commonweal;11/06/98, Vol. 125 Issue 19, p6
Deals with the message of Pope John Paul II to Catholics on the encyclical `Fides et ratio,' concerning the church and the world. Message of `Fides et ratio'; Comments on the implications of the pope's message.
- Odds and ends. Gilmour, Peter // U.S. Catholic;Feb99, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p7
Deals with the publication of the Fides et ratio, an encyclical letter written by Pope John Paul II. Significance of encyclical letters; Brief background of encyclical letters; Account of similar writings.
- The Economics of Human Freedom. Paul II, John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1991, Issue 15, p36
Presents a condensation of the encyclical "The Hundreth Year (Centesimus Annus)," by Pope John Paul II.
- LITERATURE AS IF CHRIST MATTERED. Leiva-Merikakis, Erasmo // Dialogue & Universalism;1999, Vol. 9 Issue 7/8, p63
Presents reflections on the encyclical letter 'Fides et Ratio' of Pope John Paul II. Methodology of intelligent admiration; Need for faith to relate any and every form of literary narrative to the controlling narrative at the heart of Christianity; Son of God's glorification on the Cross.
- IS THERE PHILOSOPHICAL PROGRESS? A PHILOSOPHER RESPONDS TO THE POPE. Mendieta, Eduardo // Dialogue & Universalism;1999, Vol. 9 Issue 7/8, p115
Presents reflections on the encyclical letter 'Fides et Ratio' of Pope John Paul II. Perspective of a philosopher; Pope's view on the relationship between philosophy and theology; Philosophy's role as a laborer of and after truth; History of philosophy; Unity of philosophy.
- Discipline, not doctrine, is nub of pope's new encyclical. Hebblethwaite, Peter // National Catholic Reporter;10/1/93, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p9
Discusses `Veritatis Splendor,' the encyclical of Pope John Paul II. Leak of the contents by Norbert Greinacher, professor of moral theology at Tubingen University; Gist of the encyclical; Disciplinary purpose; Appeal to bishops to take seriously their duty.
- THE MANTLE OF THE PROPHET: RELIGION AND POLITICS IN IRAN (Book). Campbell, John C. // Foreign Affairs;Winter85/86, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p378
The article reviews the book "The Mantle of the Prophet: Religion and Politics in Iran," by Roy Mottahedeh.
- The Mantle of the Prophet: Religion and Politics in Iran. Quandt, William B. // Foreign Affairs;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p233
Reviews the book "The Mantle of the Prophet: Religion and Politics in Iran," by Roy Mottahedeh.
- Meditating on Mary. Hudock, Barry // Our Sunday Visitor;3/25/2012, Vol. 100 Issue 48, p14
The article focuses on the encyclical "Redemptoris Mater" (Mother of the Redeemer), which demonstrates the devotion of Blessed Pope John Paul II to Mary.