The Priests of Culture
- The Heptadic Chronologies of Testament of Levi 16â€“17 and Their Sources. Berner, Christoph // Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha;Sep2012, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p40
Chapters 16â€“17 of Testament of Levi (T. Levi) preserve two examples for the creative reinterpretation of ancient Jewish chronologies in early Christianity. In T. Levi 16, the seventy weeks chronology from Dan. 9 is read as an announcement of Jesus' crucifixion and the destruction of the...
- Christ's Priesthood and Christian Priesthood in the Letter to the Hebrews. Healy, Mary // Nova et Vetera (English Edition);Spring2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p395
The article discusses the difference between Christ's priesthood and Christian priesthood in the letter to the Hebrew in the book of the New Testament. It examines the four essential aspects of Christ's priesthood expressed in Hebrews chapter 5 verse 1 which radically transforms the Old...
- "ACCORDING TO THEIR LANGUAGE, UNTO THEIR UNDERSTANDING": THE CULTURAL CONTEXT OF HIEROPHANIES AND THEOPHANIES IN LATTER-DAY SAINT CANON. Wright, Mark Alan // Studies in the Bible & Antiquity;2011, Issue 3, p51
The article presents a study on cultural hierophanies and theophanies in Latter-day Saint Canonical texts. Hierophany is defined as the manifestation of the sacred, while the appearance of a diety is called a theophany. The people and cultures used in Latter-day Saint texts are defined by and...
- Weighed in the balances. HATFIELD, DANNY G. // Ellis County Press;5/16/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p4
The article focuses on understanding the Old Testament by accepting Jesus Christ and receiving the Spirit of the living God.
- Jesus, Our Warrior. HEISER, MICHAEL S. // Bible Study Magazine;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p31
In this article, the author discusses rules and contexts for holy war in Old and New Testament, and also offers information on divine messiah Jesus Christ as a warrior king using themes of Old Testament holy warfare.
- 19th February: 7th Sunday after Epiphany. Down, Martin // Expository Times;Jan2017, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p184
The article discusses the interaction between theology and practicality through several verses from Leviticus, known as the Holiness Code, and Jesus Christ's endorsement of the laws of the Old Testament.
- "THE ORIGIN OF JESUS MESSIAH" (MATT 1:1, 18a): MATTHEW'S USE OF THE INFANCY TRADITIONS. Tatum, W. Barnes // Journal of Biblical Literature;Dec77, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p523
Studies the origin of Jesus the Messiah in the theology of Matthew. Series of brief narratives in the Old Testament; Genealogy of the First Evangelist; Occupation of Jesus in the place of David.
- Revealing a Mystery. Feldmeier, Peter // America;1/2/2012, Vol. 206 Issue 1, p30
The article discusses the meaning of the Biblical verse The Gentiles are co-heirs, members of the same body. The reading reflects the universalism with emphasis that the glory and light for the world are centered on Israel. The reading also mentions that the nations will also bring gifts to...
- THE Y FACTOR. DOERKSEN, J. RAY // Christian Librarian;2001, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p22
The article discusses the issue of Sunday work particularly on libraries that are opened on a Sunday. It points out that God's creation of a work week where He rested on the seventh day shows the proper pattern by which man should care for the human mind and body. It indicates that the concept...