God in a World of Gods
- AUTOCOMPREENSÃƒO DA IGREJA CATÃ“LICA ROMANA EM RELAÃ‡ÃƒO AO PLURALISMO SOCIAL E RELIGIOSO. Hackmann, Geraldo Luiz Borges // TeocomunicaÃ§Ã£o;2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p16
This article was the result of a lecture given at the Catholic-Lutheran Seminar on Ecumenical Ecclesiology, held in Sao Leopoldo, RS, coordinated by the Commission for Catholic-Lutheran Bilateral Dialogue of Brazil. The purpose of the paper is to show the self-understanding that the Roman...
- DEEP-DIALOGUE/CRITICAL-THINKING/COMPLEMENTARY-COOPERATION. Swidler, Leonard // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Summer2009, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p471
An editorial is presented discussing the author's personal history regarding the perpetuation of religious dialogue, the founding of the journal, and the ecumenical movement's prospects as of the early 21st century. Details are given noting several times in the editor's life and career where...
- Mission and Proselytizing: The Hungarian Case. Foldesi, Tamas // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Winter/Spring99, Vol. 36 Issue 1/2, p141
Describes the current situation and intricate problems of mission and proselytizing in Hungary. Christian churches' need for evangelization and mission; Important role of law in setting the scene for legal and illegal mission; Significance of and need for ecumenism; Recognition of pluralism;...
- The future of ecumenism. Swonley, John W. // USA Today Magazine;Sep94, Vol. 123 Issue 2592, p74
Speculates on ecumenism and conflicting views on social issues between different religions. Source of terminology; History of the ecumenical movement; Ecumenical conferences; Catholic Church's views on ecumenism; Cooperative activity of peace and social justice groups of different religious groups.
- &lsquol;Ecumenical dealsï¿½ that leave women out. Ruether, Rosemary Radford // National Catholic Reporter;12/14/2001, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the ecumenical relationships of various religions. Accounts on the ecumenical deal between Western Christians and Jews; Ethical traditions of defending the rights of Palestinians; Concept of ecumenical movement.
- Sixth international summit of religious leaders in Belgium. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Summer/Fall92, Vol. 29 Issue 3/4, p503
Reports on the sixth international summit of religious leaders, with the theme `Europe, Religions, and Peace,' which was held in Louvain, Belgium from September 13-15, 1992.
- Ecumenism in distress. Ottenhoff, Donald // Christian Century;11/1/95, Vol. 112 Issue 31, p1006
Analysis how the re-emergence of religion as a powerful source of political and social conflict affects ecumenism. Pursuing goals of ecumenism amid strife; Conference on Christian Faith and Human Enmity; Reasons for the success of the conference.
- Briefs. // Christianity Today;03/06/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p27
Presents world news briefs on religion as of March 2000. Reopening of the IZMIR Fellowship of Jesus Christ in Turkey; Appointment of Billy Kim as the president of the Baptist World Alliance in South Korea.
- HOW FIFTY YEARS IN ECUMENICAL AND INTERRELIGIOUS LIFE HAVE CHANGED ME. Zikmund, Barbara Brown // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Winter2014, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p88
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences of becoming involved in the ecumenical movement and participating in interreligious organizations as a Christian minister, seminary professor and the president of a theological school.