Coming Out Ahead: The Homosexual Moment in the Academy
- JAFA CALLS FOR SPECIAL ISSUES. // Spectra;Mar1987, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p2
This article calls for submission of special issues which examine the relationships between argument and ideology.
- Help From Our Friends. // America;2/27/2012, Vol. 206 Issue 6, p4
The article argues on the effect of the church-based or faith community friendships on the personal ideology of the people.
- The Third Way: Myth and Reality. Petras, James // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p19
Examines the political ideology called the Third Way. Third Way in Europe; Social and historical premises of the Third Way; Comparative historical experiences of Third Ways; Socialism of the Third Way.
- South African War Resisters and the Ideologies of Return from Exile. Israel, Mark // Journal of Refugee Studies;Mar2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p26
While there has been strong research interest in the areas of voluntary and self-repatriation, work on the actual process of return has maintained a focus on description rather than explanation. One explanatory concept that has been employed has been ï¿½the myth of returnï¿½. Using a case...
- When words get in the way. Behrens, James Stephen // National Catholic Reporter;11/22/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p2
Discusses the attitudes of certain people towards the belief of people from different cultural background whom they visit during the course of their life and differentiate the similar ideologies by means of words. Lack of knowledge about Christianity amongst the people in Katmandu; Attitude of...
- Coming out. Ruenzel, David // Education Week;9/21/94, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p22
Reports on how a high school teacher in Saint Louis, Missouri revealed to his students that he is a homosexual. Reactions of students, teachers and administrators; Support for homosexual marriages; Professional risks in the disclosure; Memorandum from the Mehlville School District; Concerns on...
- School climate for gay and lesbian students and staff members. Anderson, John D. // Phi Delta Kappan;Oct94, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p151
Discusses the need to educate students about the evils of bigotry and homophobia. Gays and lesbians as a hidden minority; Conspiracy of silence about sexual orientation; Gay and lesbian role models; Approaches to homophobia applied in Connecticut and Massachusetts. INSET: Helpful resources..
- Homosexuality. Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Oct95, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p47
Features an article taken from the January 1995 `Journal of School Health' entitled `Teaching About Sexual Orientation by Secondary Health Teachers,' by Susan K. Telljohann. Attitude and misinformation on homosexuality by students.
- Surviving the gay-rights furor. Harrington-Lueker, Donna // Education Digest;Nov96, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p56
Looks into the issue on what schools should teach about homosexuality and what support to offer gay and lesbian youth. Views by proponents and opponents; Possible scenarios that will be caused by the controversy; Advice on modelling ground rules on civil engagement regarding the issue.