Is Egalitarianism Good for the Jews?
- YOUNG, JEWISH, AND CONSERVATIVE. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb1998, Issue 80, p68
Describes the political attitude of young Jews in the U.S. Difference in the voting preference of younger Jews compared to their parents; Importance being given by younger Jews to religion; Proof of Conservatism of younger Jews.
- U.S. Jewish groups opposing Israel's 'Jewish state' law worry about consequences. Kampeas, Ron // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;12/2/2014, p1
WASHINGTON (JTA) - It's not unusual to hear U.S. Jewish groups speaking out against laws that discriminate and framing their protests as protecting Jewish interests.
- HOW EQUAL IS EQUAL? A COMPARISON OF GENDER EQUALITY AMONG ISRAELI AND AMERICAN JEWS. Hartman, Harnet; Hartman, Moshe // Contemporary Jewry;Jan1993, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p48
The article discusses the difficulties in comparing gender equality across different cultural settings and the implications in terms of women's movements in Israel. Gender equality among American and Israeli Jews is compared in terms of educational attainment, participation in the paid labor...
- EXPERIMENTS IN FILTERING POLITICAL OPINIONS. Bishop, George F.; Oldendick, Robert W.; Tuchfarber, Alfred J. // Political Behavior;1980, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p339
Changes in the wording of "core" measures of political attitudes in the American National Election Studies have generated a good deal of controversy about artifactual sources of change in the U.S. electorate. This research, based on several field experiments and replications, investigates the...
- CLASSICAL METHODS OF EDUCATION IN THE MODERN SCHOOL. Anatolyevna, Trofimova Galina // Society: Sociology, Psychology, Pedagogics;2013, Issue 3, p1
The modern education system has its own priorities: the equal rights of pupils and teachers, focus on the personal interests of the child over the public ones, and unlimitation of the pupils' rights. In this regard it is essential to clarify, which education tendencies prevail today, what...
- Need There be a Defence of Equality? Winner of the 2010 Postgraduate Essay Prize. Nathan, Christopher // Res Publica (13564765);Aug2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p211
There is an apparent problem in identifying a basis for equality. This problem vanishes if what I call the 'intuited response' is successful. According to this response, there is no further explanation of the significance of the feature in virtue of which an individual matters, beyond the bare...
- UNEQUAL TREATMENT AND SHAREHOLDERS' WELFARE GROWTH: "FAIRNESS" V. "PRECISE EQUALITY". DE LUCA, NICOLA // Delaware Journal of Corporate Law;2009, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p853
The article presents an argumentation on the issue of fairness and precise equality in the unequal treatment and shareholder's welfare. It mentions that disparate treatment among shareholders increases shareholder's overall welfare in which a mechanical equal treatment in share repurchases,...
- Gender Equality and American Jews. Warte, Linda J. // Contemporary Jewry;Jan1997, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p174
Reviews the book "Gender Equality and American Jews," by Moshe Hartman and Harriet Hartman.
- FROM AGENDA SETTING TO REFUSAL SETTING. Stroud, Natalie Jomini; Kenski, Kate // Public Opinion Quarterly;Winter2007, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p539
Past research suggests that there is a relationship between survey response and topic salience, namely that individuals responding to a survey are likely to find the survey topic more salient than nonrespondents do. For election surveys, nonresponse resulting from a lack of salience can...