METHODISM ON THE MIDDLE WAY
- RELIGION: METHODISTS: A Prediction About Delegate Selection. // Advocate;3/12/75, Issue 159, p17
Reports on the prediction of some United Methodist Church ministers in Tulsa, Oklahoma that election of delegates to its 1976 General Conference may be based on their positions on homosexuality rather than on their popularity.
- MAAG celebrates St. Valentine's Day. Denbow, Darleene // Ellis County Press;3/1/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p8
The article reports on the gathering of the Methodist Active Adult Group (MAAG) at the Bardwell Methodist Church in Bardwell, Texas on February 8, 2012 in celebration of Saint Valentine's Day.
- Methodists due challenge. // Advocate;3/29/72, Issue 82, p13
Highlights the quadrennial General Conference of the United Methodist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. Statement of the Family Life Committee favoring the gay lifestyle; Efforts of the national Board of Christian Social Concerns in pushing for gay civil rights; Preparation of gay minister Charles...
- Lord's Acre set in Covington. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/26/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p2
The article informs that the religious event "Lord's Acre," will be sponsored by First United Methodist Church of Covington, Tennessee and the event will be held on September 29, 2012.
- Speaking Truth to Power in Cleveland. Rutt, Laura Montgomery // Whosoever;Jul/Aug2000, pN.PAG
Presents an article about an experience at the United Methodist General Conference in Cleveland, Ohio in May 2000. Arrest of hundreds of protesters during the conference; Policies retained by the United Methodist Church concerning homosexuality; Religious leaders who attended the conference.
- It's time to take a stand for civility. // Network News;Summer2001, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the letter of reverend Kent, Winters-Hazelton for the Call of Civility in Claremont, California. Conflicts of radical social changes; Merger between Methodist and the Evangelical United Brethren churches; Comprehension on faith and the presence of God in our world.
- The Church of England Votes. O'ROURKE, WILLIAM J. // America;8/2/1969, Vol. 121 Issue 3, p64
The author comments on the failure of the inauguration of Stage One of the Anglican-Methodist proposals and of the preparation of necessary legislation in cooperation with the Methodist Church. It is reported that for this resolution to be successful, it must gain the support of an over-all...
- METHODISTS AT KARORI -- 1843-1913. Bolitho, Elaine E. // Stockade;2000, Issue 33, p20
The article profiles several Methodists in the borough of Karori in Wellington, New Zealand from 1843 to 1913. It features the religious activities initiated by the Methodists in Karori, including weekly class meetings. It also presents the challenges faced by the Methodists in promoting their...
- Delegates to decide on restructuring, other issues. HODGES, SAM // United Methodist Reporter;3/16/2012, Vol. 158 Issue 46, p4
The article discusses the proposals to be tackled at the General Conference 2012 in the U.S. in April which could change the way the United Methodist Church (UMC) operates. It mentions the restructuring of the legislation drafted by a Call to Action committee as suggested by the Connectional...