THE IMMUTABLE REBELS
- Preparandia din Arad - expresie a natiunii romÃ¢ne din Transilvania. PANTEA, Maria Alexandra // Studii de ÅžtiintÄƒ ÅŸi CulturÄƒ;Jun2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p183
No abstract available.
- Estado, igreja e educaÃ§Ã£o no Brasil nas primeiras dÃ©cadas da repÃºblica: intelectuais, religiosos e missionÃ¡rios na reconquista da fÃ© catÃ³lica. Casimiro, Ana Palmira Bittencourt Santos // Acta Scientiarium: Education;2010, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p83
In previous works, we addressed the relationship between Church, State and Education in Brazil, focusing on the Catholic Church, who settled here since the colonial period with primary schools, colleges and missions. With the Marquis of Pombal and the expulsion of the Jesuits, this Church...
- Catholics and the Bicentennial: Process and Purposes. Shaw, Russell // America;4/19/1975, Vol. 132 Issue 15, p294
The article offers information on the Catholic bicentennial celebration. It states that the National Conference of Catholic Bishops (NCCB) will sponsor a program entitled "Liberty and Justice for All" in Detroit, Michigan in October 1976. The program aims to measure the performance of the...
- A couple of bishops chewing ecclesiastical fat. Unsworth, Tim // National Catholic Reporter;10/21/94, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p14
Reports on a gathering of bishops in the United States who discussed several issues pertaining to the Catholic Church. Bishops as the ones who invented indulgences; Qualities the Vatican looks for when appointing bishops.
- Bishops, conferences and collegiality. Komonchak, J. // America;3/19/1988, Vol. 158 Issue 11, p302
Comments on the English version of the Vatican's working paper on episcopal conferences that was sent to US bishops by the Congregation of Bishops in Rome. Sending this working paper out for comment, improvement, and correction is a Vatican exercise in collegiality.
- The mandate to teach. Dulles, A. // America;3/19/1988, Vol. 158 Issue 11, p293
Comment on the Congregation of Bishops' (Rome) working paper on the theological and juridical status of episcopal conferences. The question of collegiality and teaching authority are intertwined, since to deny the first is to call the second into doubt.
- Of many things. G.W.H // America;11/12/1988, Vol. 159 Issue 14, p362
Editorial. Critical analysis of `The Theological and Juridical Status of Episcopal Conferences,' published by the Vatican, and praise for the response to it by a commission of bishops.
- Of many things. D.M.L. // America;4/15/1995, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p2
Profiles three elected Catholic bishops in the United States. John M. Dougherty; George V. Murry; Terrence Prendergast; Educational and religious career backgrounds; Manner in which bishops are chosen; New York's Saint Patrick Day's Parade; Refusal of Pope John Paul to accept the resignation of...
- The attempt of the British government to influence the choice of the second archbishop of... Flint, James // Catholic Historical Review;Jan1991, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p42
Describes the attempt of the British government to influence the choice of the second Catholic archbishop of Westminster. Restoration of hierarchy to the Catholic Church; Protests; Political ecclesiastical dignitaries and the controversies.