The Lives of the Saints and the Pursuit of Virtue
- Bible 'morality' (King James Version). Walker, Barbara G. // Freethought Today;Mar2012, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p6
The article presents a list of biblical morality on various topics including killing, slavery, and women.
- look it up. // Ignite Your Faith;Spring2009, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p16
The article presents information on various issues on religion. It offers information on "LIVE Bible" which features art and poetry from other teenagers, stickers to customize it, text message notes, among other things. It states that in order to make wise choices, check out very practical...
- Focus on Faith. Morris, J. B. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);1/14/2010, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p2
The article focuses on the sermon by Saint John the Baptist regarding salvation.
- Virtues in the theology of Thomas Aquinas. O'Meara, Thomas F. // Theological Studies;Jun97, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p254
Shows that the theology of virtues formulated by Thomas Aquinas and a long theme of the Dominican schools has important ramifications in today's ethics of virtue. Ignorance of the distinct and diverse history of Catholic moral theology; Problems in recent ethical studies in virtues; Reflections...
- St. Mark the Ascetic. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p35
Presents an excerpt of the book "The Philokalia: The Complete Text," volume 1, by St. Mark the Ascetic, compiled by Nikodimos of the Holy Mountain and St. Makarios of Corinth and translated by G. E. H. Palmer, Philip Sherrard, and Kallistos Ware.
- This Issue. // Bible Today;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p278
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the letters to the Ephesians and Colossians, deutero-Paulin writings, and the portrayal of Saint Paul in noncanonical early Christian writings.
- Gericht auf Erden, Gnade im Himmel. Hagiografische Kontexte der mittelalterlichen Urteile. HALMÁGYI, MIKLÓS // Cultural History / KultÃºrne Dejiny / Kulturgeschichte;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p176
In biographies of saints it is a frequently used turn, that a person sentenced to death escapes in a miraculous way. In this present study mainly based on medieval sources, I discuss motifs about this subject. Comparing these stories, a lot of questions can be raised. Whether the convicted was...
- PARADE. TOOMEY, JOHN A. // America;4/13/1946, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p38
The article presents what might have been written as books, newspaper and magazine articles regarding Saint Judas. Various scenes are described depicting him as being revered for various reasons, which include newspaper articles, colleges or towns or cities named in his honor, and statues of...
- Piety's Dance: The Cardinal Virtues in Bernard's De consideratione. RUSSELL, J. STEPHEN // Cistercian Studies Quarterly;2014, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p27
A literary criticism of the book "De consideratione (On Consideration)" by Saint Bernard is presented. The use of the cardinal virtues by Saint Bernard in the beginning of Book One is explored. The definition of piety according to Saint Augustine with emphasis on intellectual challenges is outlined.