Authority in the Church: Excavations Among the Ruins
- We gather as strangers and find a home. // National Catholic Reporter;12/5/2014, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p20
In this article, the author discusses the experience of listening Catholic Church sermons and proceedings with Spanish and English speaking community.
- A pervert's role model. Thomas, Matt // Fab;9/29/2010, Issue 408, p10
An interview with LGBT author John Waters is presented. When asked about the generation of the Internet, he states that it is good for one thing and it is the free porn online. Waters comments in his book that S&M is a dying fetish because the new generation does not bear as much guilt as...
- TO THE EDITOR. Kuzio, Paul; Lehpamer, Philip; Ferro, Vincent; Giglio, Nancy A.; Renshaw, Barbara; Hulette, D. Scott; Baruch, Hurd; Williams, Andrew B.; Bohler, Rick; Faricy, Robert; Jones, Shannon M.; Cole, Warren B.; Hara, Edward A. // New Oxford Review;Jan2009, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues, including "A Lesson From the Past" in the November 2008 issue, "Not Just Higher Learning" in the November 2008 issue, and "The Charismatic Appetite" in the November 2008 issue.
- Trust in religion reaches lowest point in 30 years. // National Catholic Reporter;7/19/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 34, p8
Reports on the drop-off in Americans' confidence in institutional religion in the U.S. Reasons for American people to rely less on Catholic Church.
- Analysing institutional partnerships in development: a contract between equals or a loaded process? Morse, Stephen; McNamara, Nora // Progress in Development Studies;Oct2006, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p321
Partnerships are complex, diverse and subtle relationships, the nature of which changes with time, but they are vital for the functioning of the development chain. This paper reviews the meaning of partnership between development institutions as well as some of the main approaches taken to...
- The Inculturation Debate in Africa. Bowie, Fiona // Studies in World Christianity;1999, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p67
Analyzes the theory and practice of inculturation in Africa with a focus on the Roman Catholic Church inculturation. Application of the author's anthropological expertise; Hermeneutic weakness of Catholic understandings; Details of how inculturation of Christianity in Africa took place;...
- Church and State in Indonesia. PARENTE, WILLIAM J. // America;6/16/1979, Vol. 140 Issue 23, p490
The article discusses the brewing unrest in Indonesia under the Suharto's administration. Student demonstrations, similar to the ones that ended Dutch occupation and Sukarno's regime, are again taking place. Response of Catholic Church to the predominantly Islam nation is described. Difference...
- SUFFERING WITH CHRIST. DAVIS, CHARLES // America;8/13/1966, Vol. 115 Issue 7, p157
The author reflects on suffering with Christ. He says that Christians have an apparent contradicting attitude toward suffering because on one hand, they rejoice the suffering of Christ on the cross while on the other, they have considered it their duty to relieve suffering. He adds that the...
- The Godfather of Naples. // Time;10/9/1972, Vol. 100 Issue 15, p92
The article focuses on the strong beliefs of the Naples towards their patron saint San Gennaro in Paris, France. It mentions the miracle brought by Corrado Cardinal Ursi during the late-September feast of San Gennaro at the Naples Cathedral through the liquefaction of the dark crystalline...