Super Flumina Babylonis, or, Outside the Mainstream
- Conversion in the Sermons of Isaac of Stella. Dietz, Elias // Cistercian Studies Quarterly;2002, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p229
Discusses the teachings on conversion of Isaac of Stella. Comparison with the sermons of other contemporary monastic authors; Role of conversion as an integral part of his theological synthesis; Theoretical significance to Cistercian studies.
- Preaching through the Year 2002-2003. // Clergy Journal;May/Jun2002, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p22
Offers preaching ideas from August 4, 2002 to July 20, 2003. Biblical passages used in the sermons; Hymns related to the texts; Prayers for each sermon.
- The Fuller Brush Man. Røyksund, Conrad // Humanist;Sep/Oct85, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p10
As a young pastor, the author preached a sermon focusing upon the need to give up those things that we love most in order that nothing stand between us and God. He later learned that this is infernal nonsense. `I am embarrassed to remember how much guilt and worthlessness I used to sell.' ...
- A Study On The Interpretation Of The Sermon On The Mount. Zimmerman, Charles // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;1986, p1
Presents the dissertation entitled "A Study on the Interpretation of the Sermon on the Mount". Various appraisals of the sermon on the mount; Vital location of the sermon on the mount; Interpretation of the sermon on the mount; Vigorous application of the sermon on the mount.
- ON THE DATE OF GREGORY OF NYSSA'S FIRST HOMILIES ON THE FORTY MARTYRS OF SEBASTE (IA AND IB). Leemans, Johan // Journal of Theological Studies;Apr2001, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p93
Examines the chronology of the writings of Gregory of Nyssa on the forty martyrs of Sebaste. Lack of references to datable events; Source of inspiration for Gregory's homily; Engagement of Gregory in theological controversies.
- The Function And Task of Liturgical Preaching. CLARK, Timothy S. // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2000, p1
Presents the thesis entitled "The Function And Task of Liturgical Preaching," by Timothy Scott Clark. Liturgy; Gospel; Liturgical sermon.
- Feminist Perspective Still Missing from Public Affairs Debates in Mainstream Media. // Media Report to Women;Fall2003, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the views of Laura Zimmerman, co-founder and co-director of the Center for New Words, on the effects of the myth of neutrality and objectivity in op-ed pages on feminist perspectives in public debate. Dependence of the public on white male gravitas to explain what is happening in the...
- Many subscribe to these scribes. Astor // Editor & Publisher;08/21/99, Vol. 132 Issue 34, p43
Lists female and minority Op-Ed page journalists in the United States.
- GOOD WEEK/BAD WEEK. Carbone, Nick; Friedman, Megan; Sun, Feifei; Webley, Kayla // Time;7/23/2012, Vol. 180 Issue 4, p48
The article discusses actor Brad Pitt's brother Doug Pitt and his mother Jane Pitt as of July 23, 2012, focusing on Doug Pitt's role in an advertising campaign for telecommunications company Virgin Mobile in Australia, as well as Jane Pitt's authorship of an allegedly anti-gay op-ed article.