Drugs and the Face of Evil
- GET THE FACTS: Drug Abuse Puts Your Whole Body at Risk. Volkow, Nora // Scholastic Action;4/2/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p22
This article discusses the health risks of drug abuse in teenagers.
- The legal drugging of our children. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;11/26/98, Vol. 89 Issue 48, p1
Part I. Discusses complaints concerning the legal drugging of children in the United States. Personal experience of Angela Castillo of witnessing her son who was diagnosed as a hyperactive and troublemaker subjected to mental abuse and drug experimentation; Use of Ritalin and other drugs...
- Listening to the Voice of a Child. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/2/2009, p8A
The article provides information on the community outreach programs of the Child Advocacy Center in the U.S. It is stated that the center aims to provide child victims of crime and their families a neutral environment. Reports showed that 70 to 80 percent of sexual abuse survivors are involved...
- Infant Abuse. // Pediatrics for Parents;2008, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the study conducted by Dr. Ileana Arias, director of the CDC's National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, on infant abuse and neglect in the U.S. As of 2006, the study found a total 91,278 of such cases of children 18 years old and younger. Many of the abuse cases...
- Poppy Seed Peril. // Reason;Mar2011, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p11
The article discusses how Lawrence County Children and Youth Services in Pennsylvania falsely accused a couple, Elizabeth Mort and Alex Rodriguez, of drug abuse and snatched their newborn baby.
- Reaching out. // Australian House & Garden;Oct2003, Issue 10, p190
These days it's not about when your teenager will be offered drugs â€” and their decision to use or not can be influenced by parents. It may surprise you to learn that parents' permissiveness is a bigger actor in teenage drug use than peer pressure. According to the U.S. Department of...
- Teenagers More Astute About Effects of Drug Use. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;12/15/99, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p13
Presents updates on teenagers' health in the United States in December 1999. Findings of the 1999 Partnership Attitude Tracking Study on teenagers' attitudes about drugs and drug use; Statistics on teenage pregnancy; Research finding about risk of obesity for teenage girls who are dieting.
- Project Outreach: Organizations Unified To Reach Youth. Dunnington, Barrett C.; Hayes, Mark L. // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb89, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p79
Youths of today are forced to deal with the external pressures of alcohol and drug abuse on all levelsâ€”from the older youngsters across the street pressuring them to be "cool," to the "cute dog" enticing them with the glamour of being the original "party animal." Through today's mass...
- Child maltreatment due to alcohol abuse. Salcedo, Lucia Julieta Abuná; Carvalho, Ana Maria Pimenta // Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem (RLAE);nov/dic2005 supplement 2, Vol. 13, p10
The purpose of this paper was to investigate the occurrence of maltreatment in children abused by alcohol users. Authors looked at the records of children hospitalized from 2000 to 2003 at the Children Hospital "Dr. Ovidio Aliga Uria". Findings showed that among the total of hospitalizations,...