LEFT OVER FROM THE SIXTIES
- Acts of Faith: Churches and Political Engagement. Campbell, David E. // Political Behavior;Jun2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p155
Many observers suggest that white evangelical Protestant churches serve to mobilize their members into politics, while others argue that they encourage withdrawal from political life. This paper reconciles these two claims. I hypothesize that the time members of evangelical Protestant...
- AutonomÃa de lo temporal, libertad polÃtica y coherencia cristiana. Calvo-Ávarez, Joaquí // Fidelium Iura;2002, Issue 12, p195
No abstract available.
- Religion in Politics. // America;3/1/1930, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p495
The article discusses the issue regarding the involvement of religion in politics. It indicates the assertion of Dr. Samuel Harden Church regarding the influence of religion in the government. It also offers views on the consideration of the Church for religion as a fertile source of cowardice,...
- Legacy Of Liberty. Conn, Joseph L. // Church & State;Oct2004, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p13
Provides some insights into the achievements and contributions of Reverend John Leland in protecting religion from government interference in the U.S. Views about religion and politics; Principle of church-state separation; Indications of political history.
- With the help of a dozen, Democrats 'get religion'. Burke, Daniel; Eckstrom, Kevin; Sachs, Peter // National Catholic Reporter;10/27/2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on the role of religion in political activities in the U.S. According to Ralph Reed, former head of the Christian Coalition, Democrats would not have a prayer with true believers until the party adopts a more conservative platform. The author also provides information on...
- A Theocratic State? Milosz, Czeslaw // New Republic;7/8/91, Vol. 205 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on the political involvement of the church in Poland. Moral position achieved by the church; Factors contributing to the intensified social activism of the church; Comparison with the relationship between church and state in the U.S.; Opinion on the church's interest in questions of...
- Church gets debating. // Reform Magazine;2014/2015 Supplement, p5
The article discusses an United Reformed Church North Western Synod meeting on political involvement, rich-poor divide, and religion politics was held on October 11, 2014.
- Religion, Government & Politics. Wienclaw, Ruth A. // Religion, Government & Politics -- Research Starters Sociology;4/1/2017, p1
Religious beliefs inform one's worldview. This, in turn, affects how one acts in the world. It is no surprise, therefore, that the prevailing religious belief system in a nation affects its politics. This is true not only in countries that are openly theocratic in nature, but even in those that...
- BisericÄƒ, societate, angajament politic Ã®n anii 1930. O abordare sociologicÄƒ. Bănică, Mirel // Ecumenical Review Sibiu / Revista Ecumenica Sibiu;Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p295
This essay intends to point out several reasons underlying the political commitment of the Romanian Orthodox Church in the 1930s. The main approach is centred on the sociological interpretation of the political involvement of the priests during the interwar period: their social status, rise in...