The Myth of the Civil War
- Abraham Lincoln and the Second American Revolution (Book). Mooney, Peggy H. // School Library Journal;Jul91, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p98
Reviews the book `Abraham Lincoln and the Second American Revolution,` by James M. McPherson.
- War, then and now. Brady, James // Advertising Age;10/15/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 43, p38
Comments on Ken Burns' documentary "The Civil War," aired on PBS in the U.S. Discussion on the Civil War; Details of the Persian Gulf War; Information on the Iran-Iraq war.
- AMERICAN ILIAD. TONGUETTE, PETER // Humanities;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p28
No abstract available.
- The Civil War (Film). DuBois, Ellen Carol // American Historical Review;Oct91, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p1140
Reviews the documentary `The Civil War,' produced by Ken Burns and Ric Burns, directed by Ken Burns. Shelby Foote; Individualization of common soldiers; More.
- Ken Burns' The Civil War. // New Orleans Magazine;Sep2015, Vol. 49 Issue 12, pD3
No abstract available.
- The filmmaker behind PBS' `Civil War' steps up to the plate with his epic `Baseball' Kim, Albert // Entertainment Weekly;9/16/94, Issue 240, p41
Focuses on the 18 1/2-hour PBS television documentary, `Baseball,' to begin on September 18, 1994. Details of the documentary, directed by Ken Burns; Comments on Ken Burns' previous documentary `Civil War'(1990); Speculation on the show's success; Impact of the Major League Baseball strike;...
- Civil War series. Craig, Bruce // National Parks;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 64 Issue 9/10, p43
Discusses the new Public Broadcasting System historical series `The Civil War,' which will be shown September 23-28. Also discusses the `Save the Planet' personal computer program and `The Green Consumer Letter,' an eight-page monthly newsletter. Where to obtain more information about each item.
- America's `civil' wars. Purcell, Hugh // History Today;May91, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p7
Reviews the television series `The (American) Civil War,' by director Ken Burns.
- Big winners: Yankees and Yankees. McCallum, Jack; O'Brien, Richard // Sports Illustrated;10/3/94, Vol. 81 Issue 14, p16
Offers a concise comparison of the Civil War and baseball, inspired by Ken Burns' documentaries on both topics. Finest moment by a Jackson; Heroic loser; Legendary boner; Oratorical highlight; Comments on the work of filmmaker Ken Burns.