SENSITIVITY AND INSENSIBILITY AT HARVARD
- SAVING $4 PER MEAL: Cook-chill helps Harvard expand kosher offerings. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p18
Discusses how kosher students at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, are enjoying the introduction of more scratch-prepared foods using cook-chill technology. Details on the food preparation; Remarks from its dining services director, Ted Mayer.
- AFTER THE LONG MARCH. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1992, Issue 25, p67
Looks at several advertising and advocacy campaigns that link sex with religion in the U.S. Products sold by the Condomania store in Greenwich Village, New York City during the Easter Sunday; HIV awareness campaigns at the Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- GOD HATES CONDOMS? Cooney, Darren // Xtra (Toronto);9/14/2006, Issue 571, p11
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by clinical psychologist and researcher Trevor Hart of York University in Toronto, Ontario about the reluctance of religious college students to use protection when engaging in sex. It is said that the students are more likely to have...
- PSYCHOMETRIC PROPERTIES OF ATTITUDES TOWARDS LESBIANS AND GAY MEN SCALE WITH CHINESE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS. WU, JOSEPH; KWOK, DIANA K. // Psychological Reports;Apr2012, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p521
The10-item Attitudes Towards Lesbian and Gay Men Scale was translated into traditional Chinese, with slight modification in item wordings (by replacing the words such as "lesbians" with "female homosexuals" and "gay men" with "male homosexuals"). Data were collected with a convenient sample of...
- Rise of the Rebel Virgins. // Christianity Today;Jun2008, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p21
The article considers the growing number of college students who are banding together to resist the hookup culture and to promote sexual abstinence before marriage in the U.S. Hookup refers to a random sexual encounter often prompted by drunkenness on many college campuses. Some virginity clubs...
- Students are candid on sex, marriage, church teaching. Risch, Gail // National Catholic Reporter;11/14/2008, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p10a
The article discusses the ideas and stance of young Catholics about sex, marriage and church teaching. Many young Catholic university students believe the Catholic teaching that marriage is a lifelong partnership of love and commitment. Majority of them do not think that sexual relations must be...
- PROMOTING 20/20 VISION: A Q & A MINISTRY TO UNDERGRADUATES. Strauss, Gary H. // Journal of Psychology & Theology;Fall2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p228
Focuses on a question and answer Christian ministry on human sexuality for college students at Biola University in La Mirada, California. Discussion on the Biblical passage in Acts 20:20; Issues affecting students; Sources of information for persons who are seeking help with their sexual...
- Dartmouth, a counterpoint. GINSBERG, JOHANNA // New Jersey Jewish News;9/24/2015, Vol. 69 Issue 39, p13
The article reports that Jewish orthodox students at the Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire, have been pressing the administrators for providing better kosher food, than the glatt kosher standard that is being offered as it discourages the religious Jews from applying to Dartmouth.
- Same-Sex Relationship Among Tertiary Institution Students in Ibadan. Atoi, Ewere Nelson; Ojedokum, Usman Adekunle // Journal of Pan African Studies;Jun2013, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p63
The acceptability of same-sex relationship remains a contentious issue of debate in Nigeria despite the passage into law of the bill that proscribes it. While its antagonists oppose it because they believe it is a violation of their religious belief, the protagonists claim such law is an...