HOW TO HANDLE TOUGH QUESTIONS
- 'Messy' future for Anglicans. Coday, Dennis // National Catholic Reporter;9/19/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the concerns of Anglican Archbishop Rowan Williams over the divisions of the Anglican Communion regarding homosexuality and other issues in England. Challenge presented by Williams to the involved groups.
- A sin against gays. Coley, James E. // National Catholic Reporter;6/18/93, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p23
Focuses on the breach of privacy done by physician Joseph Nicolosi by discussing a patient who had sexual relationship with a bishop in Los Angeles, California.
- Chilstrom heads NCC panel. // Christian Century;11/8/89, Vol. 106 Issue 33, p1008
Reports the formation of a National Council of Churches panel, headed by Herbert Chilstrom of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, to strengthen NCC ties with evangelicals and Roman Catholics. Hopes for healthy relationships among the three groups.
- Chilstrom installed. // Christian Century;
Reports on the installment of Herbert W. Chilstrom as bishop of the newly formed Evangelical Lutheran Church in America on October 10, 1987. Details of the ceremony; Other officers elected.
- 'We Are Here to Stay' Soukup, Elise // Newsweek;6/26/2006, Vol. 147 Issue 26, p8
This article presents an interview with V. Gene Robinson, the first openly gay bishop to be consecrated in the Episcopal Church. Robinson gives his views on the Archbishop of Canterbury's request that the Episcopal Church not consecrate gay bishops, claims that gay and lesbian people are here to...
- My Six Conversions. CHESTERTON, G. K. // America;12/1/1934, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p174
The author discusses the Catholic doctrine on sex. He mentions that the Church has known from the start the weakness of people about matters of sex. He considers the Catholic view of marriage as the most integral illustration of the fact that something else may be wiser than a Catholic. He...
- Evolving Toward Perfection. Chellew, Candace // Whosoever;Jan/Feb2001, pN.PAG
Refutes the claims of Christians against homosexuality. Increase in the rate of divorce cases; Passage in the Bible used by Christians in criticizing homosexuals; Difference in the acceptance of Christians of divorced individuals and of gays and lesbians.
- THE MYSTERY OF SEX IS BEST SOLVED SPIRITUALLY. McGarry, William J. // America;7/20/1940, Vol. 63 Issue 15, p398
The article explains the moral and spiritual implication on the concept of sex. It focuses on the issues related to the loss of the ideals of purity and chastity which include divorce, premarital sex, the use and the selling of artificial contraceptives and abortion. The author also discusses...
- What the Bible Really Says About Sex. Miller, Lisa // Newsweek;2/14/2011, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p46
The article reports on new scholarship dealing with the Bible and sexual and gender relations. A number of topics are addressed including how the Bible deals with the issue of adultery, questions arising about divorce, and the sexual imagery contain in the Song of Solomon, a book of the Bible...