THE "BLACK POPE" ON THE VIRTUES OF COMMUNISM
- LONELINESS AND DEPRIVATION: THE CASE OF ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIESTS. Scbnabel, John F.; Koval, John P. // Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare;May1979, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p410
Using Roman Catholic Priests as a test in order to control for deprivation in relationships of intimacy while maximizing the need for social network relationships, an examination was made of their differential experience of loneliness. The evidence suggested repeatedly that priests were more...
- Another Red "First". // Time;6/11/1951, Vol. 57 Issue 24, p38
The article focuses on the imprisonment of priests who refuse to accept Communism at concentration monasteries in Czech Republic.
- PRISON OF ORADEA AT THE BEGINNIMGS OF THE COMMUNIST PERIOD (1945-1946). PUŞCAŞ, Cristina // Annals of Oradea University. Fasciola History-Archaeology / Anal;2012, Issue 22, p94
The communist regime has significantly changed the role that the penance institution played in a society. The communist prisons and the labor colonies were not simply isolation spaces of the prisoner, they have become places for reeducation in which the torture, deprivation, humiliation were the...
- Of Many Things. Anderson, George M. // America;03/25/2000, Vol. 182 Issue 10, p2
Relates the experiences of the author, who is also a Jesuit priest, in living at America House to a Jesuit parish in New York City, New York. How he was able to learn to speak Spanish; Reaction of the parishioners to his first homily efforts; What the Spanish phrase `Si Dios quiere' or `If God...
- Untitled. // America;10/21/1911, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p40
The article reports on the number of English-speaking Jesuit priests and scholastics in England and the colonies. A foreign correspondent of the "Springfield Republican," said that there are about 15,000 English-speaking Jesuit priests and scholastics in England and the colonies. According to...
- David S. Toolan, 1935-2002. // America;8/12/2002, Vol. 187 Issue 4, p3
Pays tribute to Jesuit priest David S. Toolan. Personal background; Career history; Works on theology; Duties at the Catholic Book Club.
- Notes on church-state affairs: El Salvador. Beck, Rosalie; Hendon, David W. // Journal of Church & State;Summer90, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p665
Reports on the progress of the investigation of the murder of six Jesuits, their housekeeper, and the housekeeper's daughter at the University of Central America in El Salvador. Questioning of seminary student Leonardo Rodriguez; American legislators' blaming of the slow progress on the judge...
- Notes on church-state affairs: El Salvador. Beck, Rosalie; Hendon, David W. // Journal of Church & State;Winter91, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p165
Reports that two Jesuit priests, Jon Cortina and Nicolas Alvarenga, were fired upon by an army sniper in Guagila, Chalatenango Province in El Salvador. Investigation of the case of the five Jesuits killed in November 1990 at the University of Central America; United States government's charges...
- Thousands gather at university in vigil for murdered Jesuits. Palumbo, Gene // National Catholic Reporter;12/2/94, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p16
Reports that Salvadorans gathered at the Jesuit-run Central American University in vigil for the fifth anniversary of six murdered Jesuits priests and two women coworkers. Disenchantment in the country.