The God of Abraham and the Enemies of "Eurocentrism"
- Behind South Africa's miracle. Cassidy, Michael // Christianity Today;8/15/94, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p19
Editorial. Comments on the role of the Christian church in the dismantling of apartheid in South Africa. Church as an integral part of the process; Christians' involvement in a variety of activities; Need for the church to exercise its ministry of reconciliation.
- Churches and the Consolidation of Democratic Culture: Difference and Convergence in the Czech Republic and Hungary. Enyedi, Zsolt; O'Mahony, Joan // Religion in Eastern Europe;Nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p21
The article presents information regarding a research on the relationship between the Churches and the states. It examines the consolidation of democratic culture, its difference and convergence with reference to Czech Republic and Hungary. It explores the relationship between the state,...
- The case for regulating campaign finances: A religious... Gamwell, Franklin I. // Christian Century;03/04/98, Vol. 115 Issue 7, p230
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the legislative move to regulate campaign spending during elections. Political and religious aspects attendant to regulating campaign spending; Democracy and the inviolability of religious freedom; Necessity for Christians to be committed to the...
- LOST SHEEP IN THE VOTING BOOTH. Heisey, Daniel J. // New Oxford Review;Feb2009, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p38
The article presents the author's view regarding the election of a presidential candidate who is not favored by the Catholic bishops in the U.S. He imparts that the 2008 U.S. presidential election indicates that American Catholics want to be dissolved into secular, suburban America, and that...
- Christianity and American Democracy. Mathisen, Robert R. // Fides et Historia;Winter/Spring2008, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p90
The article reviews the book â€œChristianity and American Democracy," by Hugh Heclo.
- Legalities And The Church. Samuel Osei // Culture & Religion Review Journal;2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 2, p6
The article offers the author's insights regarding the democracy or legalities in a constitution of a country which affects Christianity. The author says that a country's constitution in Christianity comes to the Bible which is governed by God, while a nation that governs by the human right is...
- Building Bridges across Meaning Systems: Creating Democracy with Christianity and Islam in a Post-Darwinian World. Markuly, Mark S. // Forum on Public Policy: A Journal of the Oxford Round Table;2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 2, Special section p1
Religions like Christianity and Islam have excelled at building meaning systems that have helped their members ground and interpret their daily lives, create and maintain a personal and corporate identity and morality, and negotiate the chaos of living. For centuries, these religious traditions...
- Christian Political Discourse. Guerra, Marc // Modern Age;Winter/Spring2004, Vol. 46 Issue 1/2, p139
Reviews the book "Christian Faith and Modern Democracy: God and Politics in the Fallen World," by Robert P. Kraynak.
- CHRISTIANITY AND DEMOCRACY IN GLOBAL CONTEXT. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1993, Issue 35, p60
Reviews the book "Christianity and Democracy in Global Context," edited by John Witte.