Robert Bellah and Social Democracy
- ON THE LEFT. Lynch, Kevin // National Review Bulletin;2/7/1975, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p10
The article presents information on several recent articles related to socialism published in various periodicals in the U.S. In a recent issue of the newspaper "The Nation," there was a section entitled "Coming Around to Socialism," with articles by Robert Bellah and Michael Harrington. Bellah...
- Mixed Values. Bluestein, Gene // Progressive;Jan86, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p36
Reviews the book 'Habits of the Heart,' by Robert N. Bellah, Richard Madsen, William M. Sullivan, Ann Swidler and Steven M. Tipton.
- Prophetic Habits of a Sociologist's Heart. Stackhouse Jr., John G. // Christianity Today;7/8/2002, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p54
Offers information on the book 'Meaning and Modernity: Religion, Polity and Self,' edited by Richard Madsen, William M. Sullivan, Ann Swidler and Steven M. Tipton, which is a collection of essays honoring sociologist Robert Bellah. Details of his career in sociology; His views on the church;...
- The Good Society Redux. Myers, Robert J. // Society;May/Jun92, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p70
The article reviews the book "The Good Society," by Robert N. Bellah et al.
- The Good Society. Anderson, A J. // Library Journal;8/1/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 13, p128
Reviews the book "The Good Society," by Robert N. Bellah.
- The Sociotheological Turn. Juergensmeyer, Mark // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Dec2013, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p939
The article discusses the trend in study of religion from the social science perspective. Topics include working with American sociologist Robert Bellah, sociotheology and role of religion in American society. Examples of literary works of authors including Roland Robertson, Peter Berger and...
- Habits of the Heart (Book). Anderson, A.J. // Library Journal;3/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p98
Reviews the book 'Habits of the Heart: Individualism & Commitment in American Life,' by Robert N. Bellah and others.
- Beyond Tocqueville's Telescope: The Personalized Brand and the Branded Self. Hochschild, Arlie; Garrett, Sarah B. // Hedgehog Review;Fall2011, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p82
The article discusses concerns on the culture of branding which has emerged in the U.S. It states that the cultural center of the life of Americans has shifted because of the two-way movement of corporation to a person and vice versa. It notes that authors Alexis de Tocqueville and Robert Bellah...
- Robert Nisbet and the Problem of Community. Turner, Bryan // American Sociologist;Mar2014, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p68
The article traces the importance and development of the concept of 'community' in Robert Nisbet's sociological theory. Community and voluntary associations were key components of his view of civil society, because they stood between the individual and the state as bastions of personal liberty...