God and Man at Tuscaloosa
- University of Alabama Case to Test Limits of Trademark Licensing in Sport Art Cases. Grady, John // Sport Marketing Quarterly;2005, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p251
The article focuses on the issue of limiting trademark licensing in sports art, referencing a related case of the University of Alabama (UoA), Birmingham, Alabama. The need for limiting an university licensing program has been realized after seeing the retail sales of sports licensed products in...
- Floored by the durability of slate. Williams, Brittany A. // Stone World;Jun2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p76
Reports that KPS Group Inc. used Indian Multicolor slate to renovate the flooring in the Ferguson Center at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
- UA to host metalcasting conference. // Foundry Management & Technology;Nov94, Vol. 122 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the ninth annual industry symposium hosted by the University of Alabama's Metal Casting Technology Center in Tuscaloosa on November 30, 1994 in the campus. Topic of the conference; Speakers; Naming of the Metal Casting Technology Center as National Metal Casting Research Institute in...
- Grass roots. // Advocate;02/03/98, Issue 752, p19
Features the election of lesbian Taylor Williams as University of Alabama's representative for the homecoming court in school year 1998. How Taylor ran the campaign; Features of Taylor's campaign fosters; Her belief about the majority of people who voted for her.
- U of Ala., Aramark ink `landmark' foodservice agreement. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p18
Reports on a landmark foodservice agreement between the University of Alabama and Aramark Corp. Terms of agreement; Payment of a unique student fee.
- South wrestles with segregated sororities. Jonsson, Patrik // Christian Science Monitor;9/18/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 206, p4
Reports on alleged discriminatory practices of sororities at the University of Alabama, and claims that blacks are not allowed into white sororities.
- Using local area networks to achieve remote access: Some lessons from a pilot test. Ackerson, Linda G.; Szczepaniak, Adam // Journal of Academic Librarianship;May95, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p195
Highlights the experiences of the University of Alabama on its utilization of local area networks (LAN) to achieve remote access of library resources. Planning issues; Connectivity issues; Publicity issues; Education issues; Support issues.
- Program brings education to working professionals. // T H E Journal;Aug93, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the education program called `QUEST (Quality University Extended Site Telecourses)' offered by the University of Alabama. Advantages; States with QUEST sites; Establishment of open sites; Installation of two Mitsubishi monitors in the College of Continuing Studies; Courses offered.
- A big fat breakfast will boost your energy. // Filipino Post;4/8/2010, p5
The article reports on study conducted at University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) regarding the effects of fat consumption during breakfast to metabolic syndrome, suggesting that breakfast with higher fat content could increase the body energy.