- S&N Retail shifts strategy chief to board-level role. Mason, Tania // Marketing (00253650);5/24/2001, p2
Reports that Great Britain-based Scottish and Newcastle Retail has promoted strategy director Jeremy Blood to strategy and marketing director as of May 24, 2001.
- S&N Retail's former HQ to be sold off. // Estates Gazette;12/6/2003, Issue 349, p26
Reports on the decision of hospitality group Spirit Amber Bidco to sell Scottish & Newcastle Retail's office headquarters in Northampton, England after its takeover of the pub and hotel group. Background of the Lakeside House office; Information on the staff at Lakeside House; Negotiation of...
- Going places. Tyler, Eva // People Management;3/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p44
Reports on the use of Scottish & Newcastle Retail's office relocation as an opportunity to evaluate company image and thinking. Background of the company; Purpose of the Culture Club cross-functional working group established by the company.
- S&N Retail to expand Sanderson pub chain. // Marketing Week;10/8/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p9
Reports on the expansion of the WJ&J Sanderson pub chain of Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) Retail by 100 sites. Advantages of this move; Comments from David Lee, community brands controller at S&N Retail; Other large brands of S&N Retail in its pub portfolio.
- Third brewery backs down on working time exemption. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;1/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p17
Deals with the resolution of conflict between the Scottish & Newcastle Retail and the National Association of Licensed House Managers regarding the working hours of pub managers. Agreement reached by the two parties; Statements issued by Kim Parish, personnel director at S&N Retail.
- S&N Retail hires top marketer from BA. Mason, Tania // Marketing (00253650);1/23/2003, p5
Reports that Scottish & Newcastle Retail has appointed British Airways PLC's head of customer insight and brand strategy Mike Hoban to the post of marketing and strategy director. Responsibilities to be shouldered by Hoban; Marketing strategy pursued by the company; Work of Hoban at British...
- S&N bars to offer text flirting in Diageo tie-up. Mason, Tania // Marketing (00253650);2/14/2002, p1
Reports on the deal signed by Nightfly with Scottish & Newcastle Retail to launch a version of its Flirt N Text game.
- CASE STUDY: PREMIER LODGE. Farthing, Nicolle // Leisure & Hospitality Business;2/7/2002, p29
Features GuestLynx, the live online reservation system of Scottish and Newcastle Retail's Premier Lodge budget hotel chain. Search capability for potential customers; Reasons why S&N Retail chose Guestonline to provide the online system.
- Spirit takes orders for Â£600m sale. Coffer, Adam // Estates Gazette;1/17/2004, Issue 403, p21
Reports on the plan of pub operator Spirit Group to lease several pubs across Great Britain. Instruction given to Colliers CRE and Lazard to evaluate the portfolio; Acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle Retail; Options considered by Spirit according to David Marks, head of British acquisitions at...