Men and Women -- Can We Be Friends?
- Stop Paying for Past Hurts. Lucia, Victoria // Cosmopolitan;Oct2005, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p202
This article discusses the impact of painful friendship breakups on future relationships. It is worth noting that painful breakups make it nearly impossible to start a new relationship with a clean slate--especially for men. According to psychologists, men often do not realize that they are...
- LOVE STYLES AND DESIRE FOR CLOSENESS IN ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS. Goodboy, Alan K.; Booth-Butterfield, Melanie // Psychological Reports;Aug2009, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p191
This study investigated differences in love styles (i.e., eros, ludus, storge, pragma, agape, mania) associated with the romantic desire for closeness. Participants were 197 undergraduate students (M age=19.8 yr., SD=1.9; 92 men, 104 women) currently in a romantic relationship who completed a...
- "Is it possible for a man and a woman to be platonic friends?" // Essence (Time Inc.);Feb2006, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p109
Presents public opinion on whether a man and a woman can be platonic friends. Factors that hinder men and women to become friends; Reason of men for ending platonic relationships with women. INSET: WILLIAM JULY BREAKS IT DOWN.
- Should You Be Friends With an Ex? Gaynor, Julia // Cosmopolitan;Jan2005, Vol. 238 Issue 1, p94
The article focuses on relationship with ex-boyfriend. Since women these days are waiting longer to get hitched chances are, women have racked up a bevy of old beans. And unfortunately, some are harder to get over than others. To keep life moving in a healthy direction, one need to determine...
- "His Lusty Scheme That Won Me Back". Koli, Anuradha // Cosmopolitan;Jan2005, Vol. 238 Issue 1, p102
The article presents several cases on men-women relationships. The article reports on a relationship between a boy and his girlfriend. The chemistry between them was great, but the boy never took an interest in anything the girl liked. The girl loved to dance, but her boyfriend always refused,...
- Touches That Lock Down His Love. Azodi, Mina // Cosmopolitan;Jan2012, Vol. 252 Issue 1, p76
The article offers suggestions for women on touches and body moves that will arouse love in men and create a strong relationship. It is advised to stroke his earlobe between thumb and index finger to stimulate men. It is recommended to run fingers through his hair to show affection. It is...
- Love Lessons. Schulz, Susan // Cosmo Girl;Sep2003, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p152
Offers ideas for women on handling love and relationships. Tips on selecting a mate; Importance of the duration of a relationship to know a guy personally; Factors relevant to a relationship.
- Get Him to Cuddle Up With You. // Cosmopolitan;Feb2005, Vol. 238 Issue 2, p218
This article discusses issues related to sexual and interpersonal life of male and female. One excellent reason to linger in bed this weekend: A National Sleep Foundation study says 68 percent of us don't sleep enough on weeknights. How to keep you and your man in snuggle-mode: Watch a DVD in...
- ROMANCE RITUAL. // Cosmopolitan;Feb2005, Vol. 238 Issue 2, p218
This article discusses issues related to romance. You're totally comfortable around each other and find each other maddeningly sexy in just jeans and a tee. But dressing up for a weekend night outing makes you feel like you're really on a date. So get all decked out and meet at your rendezvous spot.