The Radical Paradigm and the New Racism
- BLACK POLITICS IN CRISIS. Marable, Manning // Progressive;Jan87, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on the condition of Afro-Americans in the U.S. politics as of January 1, 1987. Rise in the number of Afro-American Democrats in the U.S. Congress since 1964; Social conditions of these Afro-Americans; Political upsurge in the Afro-American community; Efforts by some politicians in the...
- A war, not of our own, or of our making. Tatum, Wilbert A. // New York Amsterdam News;4/11/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 15, p12
Editorial. Comments on the role of African-American on the political activities in the U.S. Fear of the Black people to render opinion on political issues; Emergence of race discrimination against the Blacks; List of Black leaders.
- Black Voters are Not Apathetic. Chavis Jr., Benjamin F. // Washington Informer;5/22/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 32, p23
The author criticizes the forces of American racism and repression that continuously perpetuating racial discrimination, injustice, poverty and inequality among Black Americans and efforts to vote out the elected officials who have acted against the economic, political and their social interests.
- Few are chosen. HIGGINS, MICHAEL // ABA Journal;Feb99, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p50
Examines why blacks are less likely than whites to be called for jury service and depending on the type of case, less likely to be chosen as jurors. Court's ruling on the race discrimination claims of Gary Davis against Baltimore Gas and Electric; Investigation on what keeps African-Americans...
- The witch-hunt. Fischer, Mary A. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Dec93, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p242
Discusses black politicians suspicions on the targeting of black elected officials for federal scrutiny. Robert Moussalem's undercover efforts to topple Birmingham, Alabama Mayor Richard Arrington in Operation Bowtye; Patterns uncovered; Presence of racism in the government; Politicians...
- THE GUARD CHANGES IN BERKELEY. Slater, Jack // Ebony;Oct1971, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p74
The article discusses the new methods used by the radical politicians to make the system work properly in Berkeley, California. It states that students of a black college at Greensboro, North California demonstrated in the streets and fought on the campus against the racism. It reports that a...
- Strom and Trent together: We shall not be moved. Fulani, Lenora B. // New York Amsterdam News;12/19/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 51, p13
Discusses two events in Afro-American politics in the week preceding December 19, 2002. Controversy over Mississippi Senator Trent Lott's racist remarks at Strom Thurmond's birthday party; Public dispute among Black Democrats over the Al Sharpton's proposed presidential run.
- The State of African American Politics. Kilson Jr., Martin L. // New Crisis (15591603);Jan/Feb99, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the state of African American politics as of 1999. Stages of political development experienced by African Americans and most white ethnic groups; Successes of the civil rights movement in breaking the racist legal barriers against African American advancement in the 1960s; Obstacles...
- THE NEW NEGRO OF THE PACIFIC: HOW AFRICAN AMERICANS FORGED CROSS-RACIAL SOLIDARITY WITH JAPAN, 1917-1922. Onishi, Yuichiro // Journal of African American History;Spring2007, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p191
The article discusses the emergence of revolutionary consciousness in the middle of political mobilization around the concept of the New Negro Movement in the U.S. The New Negro projects the image of a determined, assertive and militant African American. It is suggested that the longstanding...