Binx and the Malaise
- Deathly fears. OLASKY, MARVIN // World (0888157X);5/30/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p80
The author reflects on the inevitability of death. Topics discussed include the happiness U-curve according to journalist Jonathan Rauch, definition given by novelist Walker Percy of the life of a standard secularist, and comments from Doctor Alex Lickerman, former director of primary care at...
- DEATH IN THE RUINS. Royal, Robert // National Review;5/22/1987, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p50
Reviews the book "The Thanatos Syndrome," by Walker Percy.
- From The Thanatos;Syndrome Syndrome. Percy, Walker // Southern Review;Spring1987, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p384
Presents a short story "From the Thanatos Syndrome," by Walker Percy.
- For Walker Percy: 1916-90. Horgan, P. // America;5/11/1991, Vol. 164 Issue 18, p508
Pays tribute to author Walker Percy. His book `The Moviegoer' championed by Jean Stafford and her husband A.J. Liebling; His first novel `The Thanatos Syndrome'; Memory of his presence at an Academy/Institute awards committee meeting.
- Walker Percy, 1916-1990. Simpson, Lewis P. // Southern Review;Autumn90, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p924
Pays tribute to Walker Percy, physician, who contracted tuberculosis (TB). How he contracted the illness; How he was unable to benefit from the advances in the treatment of TB.
- Jefferson Lecture in the humanities. // America;5/20/1989, Vol. 160 Issue 19, p469
Reports on the 18th Jefferson Lecture in the Humanities, given by Walker Percy, entitled `The Fateful Rift: The San Andreas Fault in the Modern Mind.'
- Walker Percy (1916-90). // America;5/26/1990, Vol. 162 Issue 20, p515
Eulogizes the late novelist Walker Percy, M.D. Background; Percy's novels; Essays on the theory of language; Reception of the Campion Medal in 1986; Description of the Mass of Resurrection for Percy.
- The newswatcher. Desmond, J.F. // Commonweal;6/15/90, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p376
Recounts the author's memories of the late author Walker Percy. Reflections on how Percy would have responded to a six o'clock national news report; How his imagined responses portray aspects of Percy's character.
- Exempla VIII. Edwards Jr., O.C. // Anglican Theological Review;Fall90, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p442
Pays tribute to author Walker Percy. Memorable recollection on Percy; Career as a novelist; Works published.