Notes on the Culture Struggle: Dr. King in the Law Schools
- `Mightier Than The Sword'. Swann-Wright, Dianne // Footsteps;May/Jun2000, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p29
Reports on the letter written by Martin Luther King Jr. while in jail in Birmingham, Alabama in 1963 explaining his role in the protest movement against discrimination.
- In the borough of Kings, a tribute fit for a King. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;1/23/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the tribute paid to civil rights crusader Doctor Martin Luther King Jr. at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, New York. List of eminent personalities at the event including New York Governor George Pataki and Mayor Michael Bloomberg; Discussions at the event regarding the affirmative...
- A tapestry of stirring drama. TB // Georgia Trend;Jan2000, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the civil rights movement founded by Martin Luther King Jr. in Atlanta, Georgia. Accounts on the life of King by prominent Georgians; Significance of the bombing of King's house; Views of King on violence and retribution; Effects of the banning of King on the churches of the...
- A Look Back at King's Life. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;1/12/2007, Vol. 88 Issue 16, p4
Several photographs of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. is presented, along with key events in King's life and in his struggle for civil rights.
- Honoring Doctor King's memory: The road not taken. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;1/22/96, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4
Editorial. Comments on the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. in relation to the civil rights movement in the United States. Idea that King's dream of race-neutral has been abandoned; How goal of black equality can be achieved; King's philosophies; Comparison of methods used by King and...
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Civil Rights Leader. // Monkeyshines on America;Jan2002 U.S. Events 1940-1960, p29
Focuses on the contribution of Martin Luther King Jr., national figure in Civil Rights Movement, on Civil Rights. Career development of King; Views of King on racial equality; Work of Parks.
- Dr. Martin Luther King understood Chicano Movement's future influence. Porras, Andy // La Prensa San Diego;1/18/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p3
In this article, the author reflects his views on the civil rights movements led by American civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Moldovan, Russel // Christian History;2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p38
Profiles African American civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. Educational and career background; Influential people he admired; Books written; Conflict with the Federal Bureau of Investigation; Views regarding the war in Vietnam. INSETS: Timeline;You Are There.
- A Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute. Zalan, Kira // U.S. News Digital Weekly;1/17/2014, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p10
A quiz about Martin Luther King Jr., an American pastor, activist, humanitarian and leader in the African-American Civil Rights Movement, is presented.