Presbyterians for GLARF
- FOG task force prepares final report. Young, Sharon // Presbyterians Today;2009, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p29
The article reports that the final report of a task force charged with revising the U.S. Presbyterian Church's Form of Government (FOG) is ready for consideration by the 2010 General Assembly.
- The FOG (Form of Government) Task Force. TeSelle, Gene // Network News;Spring2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p24
The article focuses on the importance of the Form of Government (FOG) by the Task Force of the General Assembly in the U.S. FOG is considered as the basic of Presbyterian polity brought by the Task Force. The proposed FOG shows that the church will not reject participation of an individual...
- FROM THE ARCHIVES. // Presbyterian Outlook;9/28/2015, Vol. 197 Issue 20, p9
An excerpt from the article "Implementing the task force recommendations: Looking ahead," by Leslie Scanlon is presented which focuses on the task force on the peace, unity, and purity of the church by the Presbyterian Church's General Assembly.
- Living in the 'lively, joyous reality of the grace of God'--a way toward recovering the vision for our Church. Kersting, Ray // Network News;Spring99, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
Discusses the impact of spirituality as taught by the Presbyterian Church on the author's life. Rethinking the Presbyterian Church in the wake of Amendment B and A; Philosophy of the church on making Christ the primary force in a person's life.
- Spiritual direction training offered at Ghost Ranch. // Presbyterians Today;2010, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p33
The article reports on the collaboration between a Presbyterian conference center in New Mexico and a spiritual center in California for a training program on spiritual direction.
- Presbytery of Cincinnati produces dialogue video. // Network News;Fall95, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Reports on video produced by the presbytery of Cincinnati, Ohio on conversations about human sexuality issues. Vigorous dialogue of a theological nature about sexuality and ordination; Presbytery session on the dialogue; Sources that helped Design Team member Ellis Davis in setting up process...
- FROM THE ARCHIVES. // Presbyterian Outlook;6/22/2015, Vol. 197 Issue 13, p9
The article presents a reprint of an editorial regarding the expected release of the report from the Task Force on Peace, Unity and Purity on the issues facing the Presbyterian Church (USA), published in the May 30, 2015 issue of the journal.
- PCUSA and sex issues. // Christian Century;7/12/89-7/19/89, Vol. 106 Issue 21, p648
Notes the issues which faced the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) at its 1989 General Assembly. Sexuality curriculum; Ordination of homosexuals; Support for abortion.
- Leaders retain `chastity' vow. // Christianity Today;05/18/98, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A.'s rejection of proposals to loosen its official standards on who may be ordained and on clergy sexuality. What the fidelity and integrity amendment said; Comment from Joe Rightmyer of Presbyterians for Renewal.