WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- The Catholic Church and the Politics of Abortion (Book). Wilcox, Clyde // Review of Religious Research;Mar93, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p284
Reviews the book "The Catholic Church and the Politics of Abortion," edited by Timothy A. Byrnes and Mary C. Segers.
- The Uneasy Conscience 45 Years Later. // Vital Speeches of the Day;5/15/92, Vol. 58 Issue 15, p475
Presents a speech by lecturer-at-large for the Prison Fellowship Ministries, Carl F.H. Henry, `The Uneasy Conscience 45 Years Later,' delivered at the Southern Baptist Convention in Washington, D.C. on March 3, 1992, dealing the spiritual predicament in the US.
- The Carl Henry that might have been. Kantzer, Kenneth S. // Christianity Today;4/5/93, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p15
Discusses the many facets of Carl Henry. Entertainer; Journalist; Politician; Educator; Greatest success, his life long battle to demonstrate the inner unity of a coherent world-and-life view to living meaningfully in world falling apart.
- A summons to justice. // Christianity Today;7/20/92, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p40
Interviews Carl F.H. Henry on human rights from a Christian perspective. Why evangelicals are sometimes criticized for a lack of involvement in human-rights issues; How a concern for human rights fits in with the church's mission in the world; Balancing the imperatives of evangelism and human...
- Second Rock Music Church of Boulder. // Christianity Today;2/9/91, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p37
Interviews theologian Carl F.H. Henry about Christianity and culture. Importance of viewing the biblical message as classless and colorless; Determining the real identity of the church; Church and subculture; Church and politics; Church and academics; How the church should respond to diverse...
- CARL HENRY WAS RIGHT. Mouw, Richard J. // Christianity Today;Jan2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p30
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of dealing with Carl Henry, who was the first editor of "Christianity Today" magazine.
- Standing on the promises. // Christianity Today;9/16/96, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p28
Presents `Christian Today' editors Carl Henry and Kenneth Kantzer's evaluation of evangelicalism in light of its twentieth century developments. Knowledge of Christ; Protestantism during the 30s and 40s; Discrimination between fundamentalism and evangelicalism; Tradition of anti-intellectualism...
- Carl F.H. Henry's moral arguments for evangelical political activism. Weeks, David L. // Journal of Church & State;Winter98, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p83
Explores the moral arguments for political activism presented by theoretician Carl F.H. Henry. Formative influence of Henry in the evangelical movement; Books written by Henry; Arguments of Henry for fundamentalist social engagement; Views on Christianity's concerns with justice and...
- Inventing Evangelicalism. George, Timothy // Christianity Today;Mar2004, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p48
Details the life of evangelist Carl F. H. Henry. Background of Henry; Age when Henry received Jesus Christ in his life; Theologian who made the most important intellectual influence on Henry; Information on theological books he wrote; Involvement of Henry with the periodical "Christianity Today."