The State Casino: Doing Wrong to Do Good
- (FAITH-BASED) Despite Rocky Economy, Giving Remains Stable. // Children & Youth Funding Report;11/12/2010, p7
A blog on an increase in funds raised by faith-based organizations in 2009 despite the recession is presented.
- N.C. Church Fund-Raiser For Candidate Sparks AU Complaint To IRS. // Church & State;May2002, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p20
Reports the impact of the fundraising of church for an incumbent sheriff on the complaints of the American United to the Internal Revenue Service in North Carolina. Contributions of the group to the re-election of John Baker Jr.; Investigation on the activities of the church; Violation of the...
- Faith Based Collaboration Celebrates Success. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;9/28/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 34, p10
The article announces that the "Actions Connected to Spirituality, Forming Alliances In Transforming Health," a faith based collaboration in Chicago, Illinois will organize its first fundraising event at the Oakdale Covenant Church in Chicago on October 1, 2011.
- Circuit breaker. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/24/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 121, p15
Highlights the 1999 American Jewish Committee fund raising dinner held in New York City. Total amount raised; Honorees of the event.
- Faith-based halfway house constitutional, court says. Donovan, Gill // National Catholic Reporter;4/18/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p8
Reports that an appellate court has ruled that the funding of a Milwaukee faith-based program by the Wisconsin Department of Corrections is constitutional.
- Briefly. // Reform Magazine;Jul/Aug2012, Special section p2
The article offers news briefs related to religious institutions in England such as the jubilee concert hosted by Castle Gate Church in Notthingham in May 2012, the fundraising for Lymington United Reformed Church, and the hymns and poems competition on Olympic Games in Derby.
- Canada's fastest-growing industry. Parker Jr., Shafer // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/13/97, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p10
Discusses gambling in Canada. Amount accrued from gambling that went to fund churches and charities in Ontario; Amount accrued from 1995-1996 from lotteries in Ontario; The possibility of video lottery terminals (VLTs) in Ontario; Gambling in other provinces, like Manitoba, Saskatchewan and...
- Faith-Based Group Under Investigation Wins HUD Contract. // Church & State;Sep2001, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p3
Reports the financial investigation on the Church Association for Community Services, a faith-based group in Washington D.C. Partnership between the group and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development; Use of the group's name in the fund raising activities of Mayor Anthony...
- Islamic House of Wisdom to hold 20th anniversary dinner. // Arab American News;11/7/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1552, p11
The article reports on the plan of the religious organization Islamic House of Wisdom to conduct its 20th anniversary fundraising dinner in Michigan on November 18, 2015.