Saving the World
- Transcendental meditation: Nature and perspectives. Trama, Sangeeta; Cheema, Navreet // Indian Journal of Health & Wellbeing;Sep2016, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p928
Transcendental meditation refers to a specific form of mantra meditation called the transcendental technique and an organization called meditation movement. The transcendental meditation technique and its movement were introduced in India in the mid 1960 by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (1918-2008)....
- THE SCIENCE OF BEING AND ART OF LIVING (Book). Russel, Peter // Noetic Sciences Review;Jun/Aug2003, Issue 64, p41
Reviews the non-fiction book 'The Science of Being and Art of Living,' by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
- "The life excited": Faces of Thoreau in "Walden." Hartman, Steven // Concord Saunterer;2004/2005, Vol. 12/13, p340
Thise article focuses on the persona of Henry David Thoreau as speculated in his book "Walden." It may suggest the scope and complexity of the author's literary representations of himself. Its temporal frames of reference are striking, for they situate Thoreau simultaneously at the time of the...
- Give Peace a Check. Silva, Philip // Newsweek;7/29/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the efforts of Maharishi Mehesh Yogi to introduce Transcendental Meditation to the world in an attempt to bring world peace. Details of his plan to set up mediating well-wishers near the hot spots of the world; How the maharishi became famous through his friendship with the Beatles;...
- Feeling guru-vy. Tresniowski, Alex; Conway, Isabel; Berestein, Leslie; Sandler, Barbara // People;08/24/98, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p73
Profiles Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, head of the Transcendental Meditation organization. His work with The Beatles in the 1960s; Size of his organization; Childhood; How he paid one of his employees his weight in gold.
- Maharishi meditation seminar. // Asian Pacific Post;4/12/2012, p4
The article offers information on a meditation seminar to be held by Tony Nader, head of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's worldwide movement, at Shree Mahalakshmi Temple in Vancouver on April 18 and 19, 2012.
- A holy, mundane essence. Northcutt, Kay // Christian Century;3/21/2012, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p12
The article presents the author's reflections on Lent, illness and solitude. Introductory comments are made connecting the ascetic practices of Lent with the spiritual "journey" expressed in the book "Walden," by the 19th-century American author Henry David Thoreau. The author then describes her...
- Walden // Magill Book Reviews;
These autobiographical essays, notable for their reflective wisdom and beautiful prose style, are an engaging blend of social criticism, philosophical discussion, and nature description.
- From Walden, or Life in the Woods. Thoreau, Henry David // Hutchinson Literary Extracts;2007, p1
The article presents an excerpt from the book "Walden, or Life in the Woods," by Henry David Thoreau.