Saving the World
- THE SCIENCE OF BEING AND ART OF LIVING (Book). Russel, Peter // Noetic Sciences Review;Jun/Aug2003, Issue 64, p41
Reviews the non-fiction book 'The Science of Being and Art of Living,' by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
- "The life excited": Faces of Thoreau in "Walden." Hartman, Steven // Concord Saunterer;2004/2005, Vol. 12/13, p340
Thise article focuses on the persona of Henry David Thoreau as speculated in his book "Walden." It may suggest the scope and complexity of the author's literary representations of himself. Its temporal frames of reference are striking, for they situate Thoreau simultaneously at the time of the...
- Give Peace a Check. Silva, Philip // Newsweek;7/29/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the efforts of Maharishi Mehesh Yogi to introduce Transcendental Meditation to the world in an attempt to bring world peace. Details of his plan to set up mediating well-wishers near the hot spots of the world; How the maharishi became famous through his friendship with the Beatles;...
- Feeling guru-vy. Tresniowski, Alex; Conway, Isabel; Berestein, Leslie; Sandler, Barbara // People;08/24/98, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p73
Profiles Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, head of the Transcendental Meditation organization. His work with The Beatles in the 1960s; Size of his organization; Childhood; How he paid one of his employees his weight in gold.
- Maharishi meditation seminar. // Asian Pacific Post;4/12/2012, p4
The article offers information on a meditation seminar to be held by Tony Nader, head of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's worldwide movement, at Shree Mahalakshmi Temple in Vancouver on April 18 and 19, 2012.
- Walden // Magill Book Reviews;
These autobiographical essays, notable for their reflective wisdom and beautiful prose style, are an engaging blend of social criticism, philosophical discussion, and nature description.
- From Walden, or Life in the Woods. Thoreau, Henry David // Hutchinson Literary Extracts;2007, p1
The article presents an excerpt from the book "Walden, or Life in the Woods," by Henry David Thoreau.
- Henry David Thoreau's WALDEN Life in the Woods. Thoreau, Henry David // Read;4/15/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 16, p6
The article presents excerpts from the book "Walden; Or, Life in the Woods," by Henry David Thoreau.
- THERE'S NO USE TALKING TO ME--I'M MEDITATING. Birmingham, Frederic A. // Saturday Evening Post;Mar1975, Vol. 247 Issue 2, p10
Presents a narrative on the author's experience of studying transcendental meditation (TM) as taught by Indian guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, founder of the Science of Creative Intelligence. Information on the author became acquainted with TM; General at the U.S. Army War College who relate...