The Newtape File III
- On God and Guilt: A Reply to Aaron Ridley. Risse, Mathias // Journal of Nietzsche Studies;Spring2005, Issue 29, p46
The article reports on two conceptions of guilt. The first conceives of guilt as an experience of reprehensible failure in response to specific actions. The second conception understands guilt as a condition that shapes one's whole existence. Guilt, on this view, is a persistent feeling of...
- 10 ways to enjoy doing nothing. Hodgkinson, Tom // Real Simple;Aug2009, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p125
The article offers tips for people to enjoy the pleasures of doing nothing. It says that the guilt for idling is imposed on people by a Calvinistic and Puritanical culture that wants them to work hard. It stresses the concept of indulging in a siesta after lunch as the most wonderful luxury,...
- The burden of moral guilt: Its theological and political implications. Villa-Vicencio, Charles // Journal of Church & State;Spring97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p237
Analyzes the theological and political implications of the burden of moral guilt in individuals involved in Nazism and the apartheid in South Africa. Importance of acknowledging moral culpability and corporate responsibility; Recognition of the need to expose the guilt between the Nuremberg...
- Forgive Me Not. // Wilson Quarterly;Winter2009, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p80
The article reviews the article "Pinning Your Own Tail on Someone Else's Donkey," by Wilfred M. McClay, in the Fall 2008 issue of the journal "In Character." The article discussed the need to revisit the ideas of guilt and forgiveness outside of their Judaic-Christian basis. The author feels...
- Times and tides. Fernandez-Armesto, Felipe // History Today;Jul96, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the increasing number of exhibitions focusing on the so-called historiography of guilt. Mounting by Norwegians of an exhibition about their ancestors' involvement in the slave-trade; Exhibitions and media coverage generated by the deaths of Francisco Drake and William Morris;...
- Guilty pleasures: the fun is in the sin. // Pipe Dream;3/2/2010, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p7
In this article the author discusses the guilty pleasures in a person which gives enjoyment regardless of reason and views involving societal norms.
- Guilt. Thomas, Abigail // Subtropics;Winter/Spring2006, Issue 1, p106
The article presents the short story "Guilt," by Abigail Thomas.
- MY LIBERAL GUILT. Cramer, Ned // Architect;Feb2013, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p14
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the guilt he feels for purchasing a car.
- Hey, it's ok! // Glamour;Jul2009, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p106
The article lists behavior that the magazine believes is acceptable for women to not feel guilty about, including talking about the weather, lying on the beach, and have several pairs of shoes at work.