Anything to declare?
- An evaluation of students' and lecturers' use of technologies: an engineering case study. Sheriff, Ray E. // Engineering Education;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p33
The introduction in the early 1990s of the world wide web was a significant factor in the creation of a global information society, allowing new possibilities to work, entertain and communicate, from home, at the workplace or on the move. In recent years, there have been significant advances in...
- Return to Learn. // Adults Learning;Jun95, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p287
Reports on UNISON's publication of a survey on its Return to Learn education program in Great Britain. Enrollment of former students of Return to Learn in other forms of education and training.
- Union backs 'No more Page 3' campaign. // Ethical Space: The International Journal of Communication Ethics;2013, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p5
The article offers information on the support of Unison, the Great Britain's largest union, to the campaign titled "No More Page 3."
- A LETTER TO A GRANDCHILD HAVING PROBLEMS IN SCHOOL. Wiesner, Pat // ColoradoBiz;Jan2011, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p8
A letter is presented from a grandfather to his grandchild who was experiencing problems in school in which it depicts the value of perseverance and education in shaping up one's future.
- The test of simple fairness. Royal, Robert // Academic Questions;Summer91, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p73
Focuses on the applicability of in loco parentis, a framework for regulating student behavior, in the 1990s. Distinction of authority in the practice of in loco parentis; Factors which may contribute to the institution of a new form of in loco parentis on campuses; Impact of overgeneralizations...
- Influences of organizational life style on leisure pursuits among college students. Long, James D.; Sparks, William // College Student Journal;Jun96, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p217
Presents a study which contrasted how students who reported being organized in their daily lives differed on a number of leisure issues from their peers who reported being less organized. Use of the scores on the Life Style Approaches Inventory (LSA), a goal-oriented measure of life style...
- Foreign graduate students in a US university. // Physics Today;Jun92, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p75
Opinion. Examines the perspectives of the foreign students experiencing American university education and the perspectives of the American students encountering large numbers of foreign students for probably the first time. Value of American and foreign students; Large number of foreign...
- What's New. news wires // Christian Science Monitor;8/14/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 182, p12
Offers news briefs in the field of learning for August 14, 2001, including a class in Boston, Massachusetts, where one of the topics is racial profiling, and the refusal of students in Eritrea to engage in summer work programs.
- Court holds service rule does not violate rights. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;1/10/96, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p6
Reports on a court ruling in New York state which does not violate the rights of students or the rights of parents to direct their children's upbringing. Other court rulings; Lawsuit challenged edict.