SHAME, SHAME, SHAME
- Other Christs. Karban, Roger Vermalen // National Catholic Reporter;7/6/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 19, p21
The article offers the author's perspective on the importance of the early Christian communities.
- Toward A Theological Understanding of Shame. Thomas, Rebecca; Parker, Stephen // Journal of Psychology & Christianity;Summer2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p176
The authors of this article argue that shame and guilt are often confused and that a failure to distinguish these emotions leads to ineffective care for chose experiencing these emotions. The authors propose that Christian caregiver's not only need (0 think about the psychological differences...
- I Found Community. Baker-Lutz, Hollie // Today's Christian Woman;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p40
The article presents the author's discoveries at the Christian community that she joined.
- 2,000 Die in Muslim-Christian Conflict. // Christianity Today;02/07/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p32
Reports on the Muslim-Christian conflict in Indonesia. Information on the holy war demanded by the Muslims against the Christians in Jakarta, Indonesia; Description of the protest staged by Muslims.
- Koinonia's search for community. McMullen, Cary // Christian Century;03/01/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 7, p239
Talks about Koinonia, a Christian community established in Americus, Georgia as a witness to peace and racial brotherhood. Details on the dedication of the Habitat for Humanity's Clarence Jordan Center in Georgia in October 1999; Description of Koinonia tours; Turmoil that has ruled the...
- EXPERIENCING SHAME: A QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS OF SHAME NARRATIVES. Bogolyubova, O. N.; Kiseleva, E. V. // Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo Universiteta, Seriia 12: Psihologia;2015, Issue 1, p4
Shame is a painful self-conscious emotion, closely associated with psychological distress. This paper presents the results of a qualitative analysis of the spontaneous shame narratives of 40 young adults (mean age = 25,2). The main themes discovered in the participants' shame narratives are...
- Emotions related to participation restrictions as experienced by patients with early rheumatoid arthritis: a qualitative interview study (the Swedish TIRA project). Östlund, Gunnel; Björk, Mathilda; Thyberg, Ingrid; Thyberg, Mikael; Valtersson, Eva; Stenström, Birgitta; Sverker, Annette // Clinical Rheumatology;Oct2014, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p1403
Psychological distress is a well-known complication in rheumatoid arthritis (RA), but knowledge regarding emotions and their relationship to participation restrictions is scarce. The objective of the study was to explore emotions related to participation restrictions by patients with early RA....
- DISTRESS AFTER A SINGLE VIOLENT CRIME: HOW SHAME-PRONENESS AND EVENT-RELATED SHAME WORK TOGETHER AS RISK FACTORS FOR POST-VICTIMIZATION SYMPTOMS. SEMB, OLOF; STRÖMSTEN, LOTTA M. J.; SUNDBOM, ELISABET; FRANSSON, PER; HENNINGSSON, MIKAEL // Psychological Reports;Aug2011, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p3
To increase understanding of post-victimization symptom development, the present study investigated the role of shame- and guilt-proneness and event-related shame and guilt as potential risk factors. 35 individuals (M age = 31.7 yr.; 48.5% women), recently victimized by a single event of severe...
- God is in control. Swithinbank, Penelope // Challenge Newsline;Feb2002, Issue 10, p6
Talks about the impact of leading a Christian life on improving the life of a widow. Emotions felt at the death of her husband; Realizations during a weekend retreat in an Alpha course she took.