- Summit Season:. // CableFAX Daily;7/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 137, p2
The article presents updates on Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM). CTAM plans to move Summit to the fall in 2010, but there is a chance the conference could move to autumn as early as 2009. MTV Nets received the most CTAM Mark awards, garnering 19 awards, 8 gold, 11...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;6/17/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p46
Reports developments on telecommunication industry in the U.S. as of June 2002. Changes in the primetime programming of MSNBC; Inauguration short television programs with time-related theme by Showtime Networks Inc.; Acquisition of USA Network of first-window rights of 'The Scorpion King' of...
- America's Nickelodeon plays hardball to grab German cable viewers. Walker, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;6/21/96, Vol. 88 Issue 145, p7
Reports that Nickelodeon International has filed a suit in the administrative court of Bremen, Germany against Bremen Medienanstalt, the local authority regulating television and radio. Call for the agency to explain why Nickelodeon has not yet been given a license to operate in the region;...
- Make the connection again, MTV says. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;12/9/96, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p17
Focuses on an industrywide campaign initiated by MTV Networks company, to encourage cable subscribers to install additional outlets in their homes. Comments from Tom Michel, vice president, affiliate marketing and advertising sales; Translation of higher viewership; Information on the...
- KIDS' CHANNEL NICK CONTINUES GROWTH SPURT. Sutter, Mary // Variety;2/17/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the increase in the ratings of cable television network Nickelodeon Latin America in 2002 for the 4-11 demographic. Decline in market competition; Ratings growth of Nickelodeon in Brazil; Increase in its ratings in Chile from a year ago.
- VH1 a priority for MTV prez. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/18/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the executive changes at MTV Networks. Elevation of Judy McGrath to president of all the cable music networks; Appointment of John Skyes to chair sister company Infinity Radio; Expansion of the network's production menu.
- Out of Fashion. // Multichannel News;1/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the decision of cable television network of the company VH1 to discard its VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards franchise.
- MTVN Charts Course Amid Op Cost 'Squeeze' Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p1
Reports the problems related to the programmer-distributor relations by MTV Networks company in the U.S. Statement regarding programmer-distributor relations by chairman Tom Freston; Effect of the spiraling license fees of sports networks on programmers; Request for license-fee increase by the...
- VH1 revisits the '80s with 'Strikes Back'. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;8/29/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 41, p17
Describes the 'I Love the '80s Strikes Back' installment of VH1's decade-retrospective franchise.