THE PUBLIC SQUARE
- Backchat. Coward, Mat // New Statesman & Society;6/3/94, Vol. 7 Issue 305, p55
Argues that socialism and Christianity can not mix. Criticism against individuals who posture as Christian socialist; Logical reasoning for the author's argument.
- THE CHRISTMAS ADDRESSES OF POPE PIUS XII. Gangi, Charles J. // New Oxford Review;Dec2007, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p26
The article discusses the message of Pope Pius XII about Christianity and the world crisis which was broadcasted during Christmas Eve in 1941. According to the author, the said message has been regarded as a reaffirmation of Christianity's central role in society in terms of promoting and...
- My Pilgrimage in Mission. Shank, David A. // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Apr2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p98
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of working in a Christian missionary.
- SOCIAL CHRISTIANITY. // Poems with Power to Strengthen the Soul;1/1/1907, p553
The poem "Social Christianity" is presented. First Line: O for a closer walk with man! Last Line: A closer walk with man.
- Introduction to the Life, Contribution, and Inspiration of Alan Keith-Lucas. Ressler, Lawrence E. // Social Work & Christianity;Fall2010, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p241
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the articles "Social Worker and Christians," by John Y. Powell, "Act of Loving Imagination: Central Themes of Alan Keith-Lucas," by David Sherwood, and "A Look Back for the Future: Applying the Wisdom of Alan Keith-Lucas...
- Peace on Earth, and goodwill to all men. // New Statesman & Society;12/20/91-12/27/91, Vol. 4 Issue 182/183, Supplement p34
Reprints an article from the 1913 Christmas issue of `New Statesman.' Philosophical meaning of Christmas; Images of Christmas; How socialism demands that the spirit of Christmas extend throughout the year; Christmas from a child's point of view;Historical development of Christmas since the 19th...
- Guest Editor's Page: Communication and Religion. Long, John E. // World Communication;1998, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p3
Editorial. Focuses on the dimensions and possibilities of approach, of method and of direction that may be explored in advancing the relationship of communication and religion. Analysis of Marxist revolutionary movement through the use of William Brown's rhetorical model of Social...
- Christianity gives family values new spin. Ruether, Rosemary Radford // National Catholic Reporter;12/12/97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p19
Provides information on the works of Christianity in family values. How Christian church has long history of creating fictive kins; How relationship of co-padrinos affects the economic conditions of Nicaragua; Why Christianity arose among uprooted people in the cities of the Roman empire.
- Book reviews. Carter, Paul A. // Church History;Dec94, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p646
Reviews the book `Protestantism and Social Christianity,' edited by Martin E. Marty.