Letter from Jerusalem
- To Get To The Other Side. Burg, Rabbi Daniel Cotzin // Baltimore Jewish Times;12/28/2012, Vol. 329 Issue 9, p45
The author discusses the Shabbat or a taste of heaven. He states that Holy One's faith should inspire Jews to have more faith in themselves, in other people, and in the world. He says that Jacob's blessing reminds them of not only how to escape darkness but also to precede light. He adds that...
- The Unmodern Jew. Singer, David // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul1991, Issue 14, p19
Discusses the implications of modern consciousness for an understanding of the halakhah. Elements of halakhah; Factors driving the growth of halakhah; Arguments raised by Conservative rabbi Robert Gordis for advocating the halakhic renewal; Response of Rabbi J. David Bleich to the problem of...
- The First Reader. // Judaism;Summer77, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p259
Focuses on the symposium on Conservative Judaism in the U.S. Presentation of the Jewish tradition; Discussion on the teachings of Judaism; Emphasis on the importance of the ritual system.
- The Present State of Conservative Judaism. Cohen, Gerson D. // Judaism;Summer77, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p268
Focuses on the status of Conservative Judaism. Development on the religious activity in the community; Importance on the formation of foundations; Enhancement on the traditional of Judaism.
- Achievements, Problems and Solutions. Kreitman, Benjamin Z. // Judaism;Summer77, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p290
Focuses on the presentation of the achievements, problems and solutions encountered by the Jews. Affirmation on the centrality of Judaism; Resolution of the conflict between revelation and tradition; Changes of the religious commitment.
- Promise, Performance and Problems. Stein, Jacob // Judaism;Summer77, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p296
Focuses on the growth of Conservative Judaism in the U.S. Formation of the Jewish Theological Seminary; Development of the educational system; Enhancement on the commitment of the Jewish life.
- A Tradition of Innovation. Soloway, Jason; Weiner, Ariel Groveman // Journal of Jewish Communal Service;Winter/Spring2011, Vol. 86 Issue 1/2, p1
The article discusses various reports published in this issue including the one by Beth Wenger on the role of innovation in the development of Jewish life, another by Yehuda Kurtzer on the influence of innovation as a main value in Judaism, and the one by Gary Rosenblatt on the effort of the...
- 'Pew Possibilities'. Jacobs, Meredith // Washington Jewish Week;11/7/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 45, p16
In this article, the author reflects on the change in believes regarding Judaism and ideas suggested by experts in Jewish organizations and mentions Jewish programs, the Jewish Women's Renaissance Project and the Mother's Circle by Big Tent Judaism/Jewish Outreach Institute.
- Editorial. Magonet, Jonathan // European Judaism;Spring2007, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p1
The section introduces several articles within the May 2007 issue of "European Judaism," including one paper by Ludwik Finkelstein about the challenges facing the revival of Jewish life in Eastern Europe and another article by Walter Homolka which explores the attitude of Leo Baeck towards...