On Demand's Premium Evolution
- Promotional Punch. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p90
Discusses the advantages of using video on demand (VOD) in promoting cable channels and programming. Experiments conducted by Nickelodeon Digital Networks on the use of VOD to promote its television series; Strategy adopted by network groups in promoting shows using VOD; Role of VOD in Showtime...
- HBO jazzed for 'Treme' Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;4/14/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on the decision of Home Box Office (HBO) network in the U.S. to renew the television drama "Treme," which is set to be aired in New Orleans, Louisiana. It states that the show's premiere attracted 1.1 million viewers and could end up quadrupling its audience through repeat...
- HBO to Launch SVOD in South Carolina. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p177
Reports the launching of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services by Home Box Office (HBO) in the United States. Efforts of several companies in launching SVOD; Price range of the services; Plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to offer SVOD services.
- Nickelodeon unleashes CatDog promotion. // Playthings;Mar99, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p52
Focuses on Nickelodeon's partnership with several companies for a series of promotions for its Nicktoon series `CatDog.' Launch of an on-air sweepstakes for children; Support of promotion tie-in by Burger King, Kraft Foods, Duracell and Nabisco.
- WE Breaks Big Summer Promotion. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;7/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p26
Focuses on the Summer of Style promotional program of WE: Women's Entertainment Networks in the U.S. Number of affiliates generated; Methods of promotions; Offer of free Palm Pilot to participating systems.
- Levin: video-on-demand a go at HBO. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;06/07/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the plans of Home Box Office (HBO) to launch an HBO video-on-demand (VOD) subscription service in the United States. Features of the venture; Assembly of the rights to start the VOD channel; Implementation of the involvement of studios and others selling programming to the network.
- HBO's Midlife Crisis. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;6/12/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p38
The author asserts that HBO is in a slump and the demise of its TV series, The Sopranos, will only make matters worse for its programming in the U.S. He criticizes the seven-month delay for the final eight shows of The Sopranos, despite it being one of the best scripted dramas on TV. By delaying...
- Hallmark Reputation. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;8/24/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the launching of the introductory advertising campaigns of Hallmark Channel in the United States. Context of the campaign entitled 'Surgeon' directed by Jim Jenkens; Quality of the commercials launched by Hallmark; Impact of the video on demand on advertisers; Challenges faced by...
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p2
Highlights the results of a study on cable programming in the U.S., conducted by Arbitron. Percentage of respondents who stated that basic cable networks should be able to air whatever programming they want; Information on video-on-demand format; Impact of the study on the cable industry.