- HBO to Launch SVOD in South Carolina. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p177
Reports the launching of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services by Home Box Office (HBO) in the United States. Efforts of several companies in launching SVOD; Price range of the services; Plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to offer SVOD services.
- WE Breaks Big Summer Promotion. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;7/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p26
Focuses on the Summer of Style promotional program of WE: Women's Entertainment Networks in the U.S. Number of affiliates generated; Methods of promotions; Offer of free Palm Pilot to participating systems.
- Nickelodeon unleashes CatDog promotion. // Playthings;Mar99, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p52
Focuses on Nickelodeon's partnership with several companies for a series of promotions for its Nicktoon series `CatDog.' Launch of an on-air sweepstakes for children; Support of promotion tie-in by Burger King, Kraft Foods, Duracell and Nabisco.
- Levin: video-on-demand a go at HBO. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;06/07/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the plans of Home Box Office (HBO) to launch an HBO video-on-demand (VOD) subscription service in the United States. Features of the venture; Assembly of the rights to start the VOD channel; Implementation of the involvement of studios and others selling programming to the network.
- Hallmark Reputation. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;8/24/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the launching of the introductory advertising campaigns of Hallmark Channel in the United States. Context of the campaign entitled 'Surgeon' directed by Jim Jenkens; Quality of the commercials launched by Hallmark; Impact of the video on demand on advertisers; Challenges faced by...
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p2
Highlights the results of a study on cable programming in the U.S., conducted by Arbitron. Percentage of respondents who stated that basic cable networks should be able to air whatever programming they want; Information on video-on-demand format; Impact of the study on the cable industry.
- On Demand's Premium Evolution. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p92
Focuses on the use of video-on-demand as promotional vehicle for cable television shows and programming. Information on the promotional efforts of television networks using VOD; Changes on the viewing habits of Home Box Office network subscribers; Benefits of using VOD promotions for Showtime...
- VOD Strikes America. // Cable World (10427228);4/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p50
Presents a list of cable programmers' expanding video-on-demand lineups. A&E Networks; BBC America; Discovery Channel.
- Network Get Serious About On-Demand. Consoli, John; Shields, Mike // Adweek;10/3/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 38, p6
The article reports that talks between the broadcast networks and cable operators in the U.S., to bring prime-time entertainment shows to video-on-demand platforms, are beginning to take on a more serious tone. There's a strong chance that some networks could launch on-demand services on some...