Rights bodies must tackle firms' fear of investigation
- Equal Employment Opportunity: The Postal Service Needs to Better Ensure the Quality of EEO Complaint Data: GGD-99-167. // GAO Reports;9/28/1999, p1
In its limited analysis of the data that the Postal Service reported to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Commission, GAO found errors in the statistics underlying EEO complaints. GAO also found that required data on the issues raised in the complaints were not fully reported. These...
- Need for EEO rules explored. Martin, Harry C. // Broadcast Engineering;Sep2002, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p22
The article discusses the hearing on the need for updated broadcast and cable equal employment opportunity (EEO) regulations in the U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael K. Powell and three previous commissioners gave the opening statements. Henry Rivera, a former FCC...
- Have You Heard The One about the ... // National Review;10/14/1983, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p1255
The article comments on the statement made by U.S. Secretary of the Interior James Watts on the five-member commission he had appointed to examine his program of leasing coal rights on federal land. He bragged about his appointment of an African American, a woman, Jews, and a handicapped into...
- Task force. Koehl, Carla; Howard, Lucy // Newsweek;5/29/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 22, p4
Informs on progress of the `intense, urgent' review of federal affirmative-action programs ordered by President Bill Clinton. George Stephanopoulos and Chris Edley, who head a task force preparing a report; Expectation that Clinton will deliver a speech in June 1995 on the programs.
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on equal opportunities in employment in Great Britain. Raised pension age for women; Sex discrimination claim faced by the Britannic Assurance; Concerns about the cost of compliance for disability bill.
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p10
Provides cases in Great Britain where employees are given equal opportunities in work. Racial equality standards of Commission for Racial Equity; Payment settlement of Bayer company to dismissed employee; Government unit partnering with Opportunity 2000; Labor Party strategy on childcare;...
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;3/9/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p10
Discusses issues regarding equal employment opportunities in Great Britain. Effort of the Benefits Agency to increase the number of women in senior management; Findings of the survey carried out for the National Health Service (NHS) Women's Unit on salary differences between male and female...
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p11
Features news on equal employment opportunity in Britain. Launching of a book from the Commission for Racial Equality; Claims for damages by Usama Tariq, an applicant for junior's post against Halifax textile; Labour Research Department's survey on part-time and temporary working; Report from...
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;7/27/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p9
Discusses several topics in relation with equal employment opportunities in Great Britain. Government voucher scheme for nursery; Regulations for part-time workers and full-timers equal rights.