WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Cardinal Bernardin's gift fits all sizes. LEACH, MICHAEL // National Catholic Reporter;11/9/2012, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p22
The article discusses Cardinal Joseph Bernardin's religious contribution and ethics of life in Chicago, Illinois.
- Cardinal's spirit, courage prevail. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/09/96, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p12
Opinion. Comments on Cardinal Joseph Bernardin's spiritual and worldly leadership among Roman Catholics in Chicago, Illinois despite having an inoperable cancer. Comforting of the sick and offering hope to his church family.
- Could Pope pick African-American to succeed Bernardin? Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/25/96, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p30
Queries who will succeed Cardinal Joseph Bernardin as leader of the Chicago archdiocese, with reference to Reverend Wilton D. Gregory.
- Archbishop touts not-for-profit care. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;1/23/95, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the opinion of Cardinal Joseph Bernardin, archbishop of Chicago, Illinois, on the importance of not-for-profit health care to preserve the patient-first ethics of hospitals in the United States. Abandonment of values as a result of commercialization; Relevance of not-for-profit over...
- Letters. Place, Michael D.; Coakley Jr., John L.; Salone-Pelletier, Fran; Yack, Gus // America;10/24/2005, Vol. 193 Issue 12, p29
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues of "America." "A Culture of Life," which focused on the efforts of Cardinal Joseph Bernardin with regard to a consistent ethic of life; "Our Daily Bread," which focused on the celebration of the Eucharist.
- Let's tailor the seamless garment. // U.S. Catholic;Aug2008, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p23
The author reflects on the consistent ethic of life. Late Cardinal Joseph Bernardin of Chicago, Illinois envisioned that through that ideology, those who defend the right to life of the weakest must be equally visible in support of the quality of life of the powerless among them. According to...
- The cardinal's legacy. // Nation's Health;Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p2
Pays tribute to Cardinal Joseph Bernardin, Catholic archbishop of Chicago, Illinois, on his second death anniversary in November 1998. His contribution to health-care reform; His message before his death; Details on the `Bernardin Amendment.'
- The Spirit of Cardinal Bernardin. Ellis, John Tracy // America;11/26/1983, Vol. 149 Issue 17, p338
The article reviews the book "The Spirit of Cardinal Bernardin," by A.E.P. Wall.
- Living The Paschal Mystery: A Reflection On The Life of Cardinal Joseph Bernardin. McLaughlin, Sheila // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2001, p1
Focuses on the characteristics of Cardinal Joseph Bernardin's ministry and how his decisions and priorities during the last months of his life provided a model for the Christian life. Aims of the cardinal's decisions; Reactions of the people of Chicago, Illinnois to the news of the cardinal's...