- Equal Opportunities. // People Management;1/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on issues on personnel management in Great Britain as of January 20, 2000. Opinion of Margaret Hodge, minister for employment and equal opportunities on the use of legislation to change the culture of companies; Service test of the Armed Forces to judge whether an individual has...
- Equal Job Opportunity THE CREDIBILITY GAP. Haynes Jr., Ulric // Management Review;Aug68, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p44
Considers the problems associated with the issue of equal opportunity in employment. Concerns of minority employees in relation to a company's equal opportunity program; Factors that hinder the success of equal employment opportunity programs.
- SUPERVISING EMPLOYEES FROM MINORITY GROUPS. Van Brunt, Robert E. // Training & Development Journal;Jul72, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on supervising employees from minority groups in the United States. Rationale for moulding supervisors and organization attitudes necessary for successful incorporation of minorities into the workforce; Importance of understanding background differences of employees.
- Meeting the Government's Affirmative Action Program and EEO Policy--a Management System. Smith, Charles H.; Van de Water, John R. // Training & Development Journal;Nov72, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p44
Discusses a planned management system that assimilates large number of minority employees. Government's affirmative action program; Reasons for minority workers' job failure; Basic management administrative procedures.
- Equal Opportunities. // People Management;10/1/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p14
Presents news briefs on workplace management. Anti-bullying policy launched by Rolls Royce Aerospace; Definition of bullying from trade unions; How to improve employment opportunities for Afro-American and Asian people.
- Black federal employees. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;4/20/95, Vol. 87 Issue 101, p2
Reports the findings of a research on the chances of getting fired in occupations based on race according to a study by the Office of Personnel Management.
- Jobs statistics expose racial divide. Cooper, Cathy // People Management;1/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the increase in the number of ethnic minorities on the unemployment registers in Great Britain as of January 2001. Factors behind the increase; Comparison of the situation in the United States; Pieces of advice to employers.
- Childcare must be a core HR concern. Paton, Nic // Personnel Today;5/25/2004, p2
Children's minister Margaret Hodge has criticised HR for failing to attach enough importance to the role of childcare in improving business productivity, retention and recruitment. Hodge told the journal Personnel Today that HR needed to do more to get the message across to business leaders that...
- HR must change its attitude. Paton, Nic // Personnel Today;5/25/2004, p20
According to children's minister Margaret Hodge, HR needs to change its attitude towards childcare provision and recognize that helping working parents get access to quality, affordable childcare is a business priority as well as a social need. Even now, only around 2 per cent of the nation's...