Networks in Lockstep
- Cable moves beyond posturing. // Adweek Western Edition;8/23/93, Vol. 43 Issue 34, p10
Reports on the movement of cable upfront. Initial posturing; Five percent CPM increase in deals; Percent of upfront inventory filled.
- Cable activity is light. // Adweek Western Edition;2/28/94, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the slack in the cable television advertising market. Business negotiations by MTV; Prediction for the market in the second quarter of the year.
- 4th QTR slow while clients mull budgets. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;10/4/93, Vol. 3 Issue 40, p34
Reports on the performance of the advertising sales in the cable industry in the United States for the fourth quarter of 1993. Mood of the buyers; Reason for the rise in national sales; Percentage growth in the National Basketball Association sales for 1993; Partnership between Comedy Central...
- Phone home. JC // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/94, Vol. 124 Issue 11, p54
Reports on the joint marketing venture between MTV, MCI and other television networks tied to MTV's spring break coverage. Youth as the target market; Other sponsors of the event; Advantage to advertisers.
- From the Lab. // Response;Jan2003, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p14
Offers tips for maximizing results for the call to action and accompanying blue screen in direct response television marketing. Price point; Combined offer configuration; Product shot; 800 number, Web site and credit cards; Computer graphics; Common mistakes in each category.
- Charter Direct Adds 2 International Accounts. // Response;Feb2003, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p14
Announces the additional direct response television and radio clients of Charter Direct. London, England-based Waterfall Entertainment; Paris, France-based Creative Media.
- Net TV's answer to private label growth. Rosen, Marcella // Advertising Age;3/21/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the growth of private label brands in the United States. Impact of cable television advertising; Erosion of brand names.
- Narrowcasting TV spots by area no longer dream. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;4/14/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 15, ps2
Discusses the success of the Chicago Cable Interconnect digital cable system in targeting specific homes with advertising. Other ways in which advertisers are using cable television to target viewership; The set-top boxes software being developed by Wink Communications.
- It's Time to Cut Through the Upfront Clutter. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;4/15/2014 Supplement, p3
An introduction is presented to the articles on this issue on the television advertising upfront sales presentation and advanced sales period for television and cable television advertising.
- The Top 20 DRTV National Cable Rankings. // Response;May2004, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p16
Lists the top 20 direct TV national cable rankings in both short and long formats in the United Sates as of May 2004. "Cross Bow"; "Sharper Image"; "Slim in 6"; "Propolene"; "Leptoprin": "Smoke Away".