- Brainstorming Ad Sellers Generate Idea Leads. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p56
Focuses on sales ideas and strategies that members of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) drew up during the CAB Local Cable Sales Management Conference held in Denver, Colorado. Offering of introductory sales packages to new customers; Customization of promotions; Attraction of local...
- TURNER PITCHES 'REAL-TIME' SPOTS TO ADVERTISERS. Poggi, Jeanine // Advertising Age;4/28/2014, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p10
The article examines "Real Time Now," a program created by cable television industry firm Turner Broadcasting it which it will create television advertising within 24-48 hours allowing it to contain more topical content.
- Cable big on sports and kids. // Adweek Western Edition;3/14/94, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the domination of sports and child-oriented programs on cable television. Market launching of Turner Broadcasting; Upcoming entry of USA Networks.
- Australia ends ban on cable TV spots. Burbury, Rochelle // Advertising Age International;Mar1997, pI22
Anticipates Australia's lifting a ban on cable television advertising on July 1, 1997. Cable operators' jockeying for position for first chance at advertising revenues; Results of studies prediction advertising revenue from cable television; Multichannel clients' interest in channels like CNN,...
- Cable ads hit narrow target. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;09/01/97, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p19
Reports on the growing advertising segment of cable television companies in Tucson, Arizona. Advantages offered by cable television over radio and television; Price range of a 30-second television commercial spot.
- TvB eyes cable cannibas. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;01/20/97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the Television Bureau of Advertising has pointed out that only three of the ten highest-rated basic cable networks in prime time registered ratings increases in its 1996 fourth-quarter ratings analysis. Impact on top networks; Results of the Nielsen Media Research top cable network...
- Basic viewers on the rise. Marchand, Nolan // Broadcasting & Cable;04/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 16, p90
Cites the increase in cable television viewers in the United States during the first full week of April 1999, according to the Cable Advertising Bureau. Prime-time household delivery of advertising-supported cable; Aggregate prime-time audience of the Big Four television networks.
- Mexican Ad Dispute Continues Deadlocked. Dallas, Jo // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p60
Focuses on the conflict between wireless-cable operators and programmers over the industry's advertising market in Mexico. Threat by MVS Multivision SA to block the commercials of international networks; Operators' complaint against pan-regional programmers that sell pan-regional advertisements...
- Sports hits its stride in 3rd QTR. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;7/12/93, Vol. 3 Issue 28, p26
Reports on the activities of cable television networks. Cable's wait for the various broadcast network daypart upfronts; Third quarter scanner and comments from buyers; Buyers' attempt to work third quarter deals ino their upfront negotiations for extra leverage; Sports business in cable as...